Oven cleaning of flavorizer bars?

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Is there any reason NOT to simply stick FB in the oven and run a “clean” cycle?
Seems like it would be better than the oven cleaner/ garbage bag followed by washing, no?
This is my first, full season, using a gas grill so, I’m genuinely curious! Help me Obi Wan, help me!

Thanks guys! Glad I can just go ahead and do a burn off and then make dinner!
Enough other things which I should have been doing for the last couple of weeks and have simply put off out of sheer lack of interest. Finish the kitchen paint job, for one, I let it stall for almost three weeks.

Yeah, the SOP here is start the grill with all burners on high. Wait a few minutes for the temp to come up to 500ish. Scrape and brush the grates and start cooking.

Afterwards, I take the food off and shut down the grill. Some will do a burn off after grilling, but I'm busy eating and I'd probably forget to turn the grill off.

Gerry

I did a 500 burn earlier this afternoon thinking long the same lines. I will repeat before putting the pork steaks on and backing down “working” temperature.
I’m usually a charcoal guy and shut the vents down when I pull dinner so, it’s kind of a habit to go “finished with engine, stop motor” kind of thing. I don’t always close off the tank but I do turn the obvious things off.
Time to go through preflight!

If they are stainless steel you can hit then with a cup brush on an angle grinder, but if this is your main personal use grill, then just do like others said and let it burn off naturally

Back