Out of the jar sauce

There's an upscale grocery chain called Kowalski's here in the twin cities. Their store brand KC style sauce is mine and my wife's favorite. We received a case of it for Christmas from relatives. I also like Famous Dave's Rich and Sassy.

I'm not big on sauce, but I keep Sweet Baby Rays in the fridge. I also have some Wegmans Memphis style sauce because its not very sweet and makes a nice starting point for tailoring it.

I like sweet baby ray's too, but I like to spice it up w/ habanero sauce. Not a fan of cattleman's.

I like to use the Earl Campbell's Rib Rub. I mix a small box of Cherry jello powder with it. I use cherry wood for the smoke .Every one loves 'em. Also Academy Sports has Grub Rub that I like to use when I can't get the Earl Campbell.

Cherry jello powder???
icon_confused.gif
I never heard of that, what is the benefits?

For sauce,I like Sticky Fingers Memphis or Tennesse style sauce. For rubs,Stubbs has a chile-lime that's out of this world! Bad Byrons butt rub is good too!

I am a big fan of Dinosaur BBQ Sauce from Syracuse, NY. Their Cajun Foreplay Spice Rub is great on everything from hash browns to chicken.

I like to make my own rub and sauce, so I haven't tried a lot of what's out there. KC Masterpiece sauce is good in a pinch.

Uncle Dougie's Worlds Most Dangerous is a very fine sauce. I also like Bad Byron's Butt Rub.

I use 1/2 Sweet Baby Rays and 1/2 Open Pit mix and heat. I don't like to use a lot of sauce on my meats but always have sauce on the side for my guests.

Another vote for Sweet Baby Ray's here. I cut it in half with Frank's red hot sauce to make a great chicken wing sauce, and cut it almost in half with cider vinegar and a dash of red pepper flakes to make a finishing sauce for pulled pork.

John P

Originally posted by Don hebert:
What do you cut the sweet baby rays with? Or any Jared sauce for that matter?? Fruit juice, water...etc...???

I'm with John P. I cut Sweet Baby Ray's with apple cider vinegar.

Super Smokers makes a few different sauces that are all really good, for people near St. Louis.

Their marinade, Mississippi Mud is amazing too. It is similar to Wickers, which is legendary.

Rub: Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning... Mixing it with brown sugar is awesome.

Back