Orange flames - 1 month old Weber Spirit 210

Yes it's a two burner grill.
Will test that.

My previous BBQ (cheap brand - 1/3 the cost of this) developed a similar issue (orange flames) and got damaged after two years. I hope materials used in Weber BBQs are or better quality meaning that they can resist those flames.

If not will warranty cover these parts?

You're making something out of nothing. If I took the same video of ANY of my grills you'd see the same

Thanks LMichaels and I hope you are right.
Others on here seem to have a different opinion and I always look at the worst case scenario by default 😀
Hopefully Customer support will confirm all is good.

You're making something out of nothing. If I took the same video of ANY of my grills you'd see the same

Larry, just to be sure, you watched teh 2nd video all the way through ? On the high settings, there's incomplete combustion going on in that back cross over tube for some reason. Maybe all of that model do it, I don't know. But if the main tubes looked like that on high, I'd be recommending that he adjust/open the air shutters on his tubes.

I watched it all the way through. If you watch any grill that closely you'll see the same thing. Honestly it's much ado about nothing. If I did a video of any one of my grills from my Q all the way up to my Wolf (though it does not have a crossover) you would see the same exact phenomenon. I honestly am not sure what causes it, perhaps air heating up around burner intakes, moisture changes, who knows. It's really normal. Heck even my kitchen stove shows changes like that in the flame color and pattern as I use it

I watched it all the way through. If you watch any grill that closely you'll see the same thing. Honestly it's much ado about nothing. If I did a video of any one of my grills from my Q all the way up to my Wolf (though it does not have a crossover) you would see the same exact phenomenon. I honestly am not sure what causes it, perhaps air heating up around burner intakes, moisture changes, who knows. It's really normal. Heck even my kitchen stove shows changes like that in the flame color and pattern as I use it

I get what your saying. Thing is though, in the 2nd vid, it wasn't just a fluctuation or blip. It didn't go away by itself. The flames stayed like that until he turned the knobs.

Rents, just for grins and giggles, can you shoot a minute or two on high to see if the flames stay like that constantly, or if they revert back?

Yep I know. Once mine goes to the orange it does not go back either. It happens on my Q320, my Genesis 2000, my Wolf and it used to happen on my Summit (but it is currently non op). It has to do I am sure with the way the heat changes the airflow through the grill. The OP is ultra sensitive to it because it's a new grill. Like that new car until it gets it's first scratch. Once you get that scratch you than can breathe and "oh well I didn't put the car in the garage, or you don't yell at the kids for playing basketball in the drive" you get the idea. It's something out of nothing. It happens with LP or NG doesn't matter. It varies in intensity with changes in temps, humidity, amount of wind and what not. Harmless and nothing to worry about. Like I said it even happens on my kitchen range from time to time and for different lengths of time. Honestly I can't believe all the to do about nothing

Hi all,
Thanks again for taking the time to reply to this thread.

I have shared the videos with Weber customer support and they concluded it's a problem with the regulator.
They said that "the burners are fine on the BBQ. The hose and regulator would be the part at fault as its regulating too much gas into the burners".
Hence they are going to send me a new hose and regulator.
I'll let you know if this indeed addresses it.

Hi all,
Thanks again for taking the time to reply to this thread.

I have shared the videos with Weber customer support and they concluded it's a problem with the regulator.
They said that "the burners are fine on the BBQ. The hose and regulator would be the part at fault as its regulating too much gas into the burners".
Hence they are going to send me a new hose and regulator.
I'll let you know if this indeed addresses it.

Yes it could be a problem with the regulator my 1000 had the original one and it was working fine 550 about where it should be then all of sudden as I had done the side caps over took most of it apart as I resprayed the lids and the side of the firebox and resprayed the piece of the frame close to the firebox and fired it up to scrape down the bars since what the heck might as well burn it off take them out then easy to clean with a brush. All of a sudden it spiked to over 650 when I attempted to burn it off changed the regulator a char broil I had lying around back to what it should have been but I totally disagree with LM about not adjusting the shutters because sometimes you need to. You can't expect China anymore to come up with the same specs that Weber specify's for an example look at the disaster with the limited edition red kettles total crap how they were coming from the factory over there.

I was getting dancing flames orange of course on the high setting I went thru each setting adjusting them starting at low them moving up to medium and high till I got the flame I wanted on each burner. In my case it was closing them a bit of a time that got me the result I needed, its pretty interesting how little they need to be open.

Last edited:
Many burners and grills come without adjustable shutters. If the grill was set up during the test phase of production and suddenly it is not right than adjusting things is not the answer. Finding out what has malfunctioned is the answer. I have never had to touch the shutters except if replacing a burner with new as the new self standing burner is not bench tested so in that case it should be. Though even than it's been pretty rare. Even with the regulator you will still see the orange come and go. Weber simply told you to take 2 aspirin and call me in the AM :D

Back