Oops...

PhilP

TVWBB Member
So last night I decided to smoke up a couple pork butts (hey, you end up wanting something that's not turkey this weekend). Got my 22" WSM all set up, fire going, water in the pan, butts prepped and on the grill.

Then I put the iGrill probes in the meat.

Did I mention it was dark out? Because I apparently didn't see I didn't have the grate sitting properly. The force of the probes going into the meat caused the grate to shift and dump the butts into the water pan. Which in turn dumped water down onto the coals.

SON
OF
A

Well, I fished the butts out, refilled the water pan, got the fire back operational, and smoked the things overnight. They finished up at about 7 this morning, then after a rest, I pulled them.

Still tasty. So oops, but it wasn't something that couldn't be fixed. At least the turkey breasts in the kettle went according to plan.

It's the measure of a person that when adversity hits and you see how they deal with it. Sounds like you did great and I know you will really enjoy that pulled pork. Bet the turkey turns out great also.

Back