Only works when I’m on wifi.

Bruno

TVWBB Honor Circle
When I’m on cellular only my iPhone tells me server unavailable. Any thoughts?

I had the same experience at around 11:45AM PT. But it wasn't just the forum, I couldn't get to news sites either. I restarted by iPhone and that seemed to fix it.

I'm on AT&T. How about youse guys?

You’re right Chris. Seems to be only the forum I can’t get when I’m running only on cellular. I am working in the same area as yesterday and I was able to pick up the forum all afternoon. Not today. I have att also.

If you have "VPN" you might try to disable that just to check. I have found the same problem with my iPhone. I use Chrome but it goes to Safari and gives me the same message as Cliff shows. VPN can keep from transferring a link...

Just a thought,
Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

If you have "VPN" you might try to disable that just to check. I have found the same problem with my iPhone. I use Chrome but it goes to Safari and gives me the same message as Cliff shows. VPN can keep from transferring a link...

Uh, whut? No, that almost certainly means you have a misconfigured VPN (could be client, could be server,) or a very locked down VPN. If you're referring to a company/corporate VPN, then I would expect restrictions, but that's more a function of the IT department, not the VPN.

I have a personal VPN that does not exhibit that characteristic. I also have full control of the endpoints.

Something else that may be completely beyond your control, or the great TVWBB guru here: DNS caching. Yeah, I know, the TTL should be long expired, but not everybody configures reasonable caching. This is something I wouldn't be surprised to find that the mobile data companies are engaging in.

Not something for less than the nerds hangin' around these here parts..... if you do experience this connectivity issue, it'd be very interesting to see what tvwbb.com (potentially www.tvwbb.com) resolves down to, and even better, a traceroute output.

I’ve been having this problem again when on cellular data. I submitted a support ticket, there was something wrong with the DNS settings, it should be fixed now. Let me know if anyone continues to have this problem.

Last edited:

Back