One-Touch Pro Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen Elliott

TVWBB Member
Was looking at a couple of Weber's European websites and saw the One-Touch Pro Classic .
var_20100406_143444_3470_59_VAR_IMG_ZOOM_barbecue_con_carrello_weber_Pro_Classic_57_mn_vr__2594.jpg

Cool, huh? Sort of a leaner Performer?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by G Dechaine:
It's pretty much a one-touch platinum, no? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, but updated, and not sold back here where they are made
icon_mad.gif

I don't understand why the Euros get neat stuff we can't get here.

Does Weber even allow us Yanks and Rebs to special order the stuff they send overseas?

I'm assuming all of the production is stateside and then the product is shipped to Europe.

The styles and colors would be huge here, I would think!

Pat

If Weber outsources the manufacturing (which I can't even imagine), or has their own manufacturing facility somewhere on the other side of the drink, then I can understand producing items that have a specific appeal to the European demographic. However, if they're manufactured stateside, and they simple refuse to offer the product to us over here...then I just don't understand at all. There's no reason we shouldn't at least have the OPTION to get the colors they do. I can't believe in this day and age, it's not possible to use a color wheel mechanism, and order custom paint jobs on a kettle.

So much better and useful than the current One Touch Platinum that we have in the states. The one big table is so much more useful than the two tiny tables the current platinum comes with and the cart is much better on this model.

I think the answer is yet another lesson in economics:

-Europeans are typically used to paying more, so with increased profit comes more choices.

-Americans (on the average) want "cheap". In order to do this, Weber likely has to limit their product line, in order to produce and sell LOTS of each model that they sell here.

Still, I wonder if you can get a parts list for the European models, and order-yourself-up the parts for the cart shown here?

Weber doesn't offer the same products everywhere in Europe. The grill above is on the website for France but not for Great Britain. GB does have the additional fun colors of Smokey Joe that we can't get. In Britain you can get a round pizza stone but no wok. In France, you can get both. weird

If they start HERE, and then go over THERE, then I would propose that we should be able to buy some of these goodies BEFORE they go over there!

Hey Weber! Anybody there monitor this forum? We want all the neat models and pretty colors too!

We're almost stuck in the Henry Ford, Model-T mode - you can get any color you want as long as it's black.

Pat

In Europe you can also get a Performer without gas assist:

Performer%20without%20gas.jpg

It costs about $15 more than the Pro Classic.

Both of these grill are a couple of hundred Euros more than the OTG, which is a lot of lolly for a table.

1 Euro = $1.3

-Mark.

Make this in a 26 and I'd be all over it! No gas assist and the other junk should make it a little cheaper so the price point isn't too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back