One of a Kind Gas Go Anywhere Grill

Dave in KC

TVWBB Wizard
After being in lust for a Snap-On CGA for quite a
long while and realizing I will likely never acquire
one ... I opted to go a slightly different route.
My main interest in the Snap-On quite simply is
the beautiful red color. Oh, and the wooden handles.
Snap-On means nothing to me. Also, in having a
Char-Q, a PK, a couple of black CGA's and a couple
of Smokey Joe's, I am not lacking in small, portable
charcoal units. I do have a Q100, but other than that,
no other small, portable gassers.
Until now that is .......

7doi14el.jpg

CZtlIOvl.jpg

91rnG2Dl.jpg

gzl56MDl.jpg

WfYdMsQl.jpg

Hat tip to Jeff at Independence Porcelain Enamel
for the beautiful red finish, and to Brian Zavod for
the awesome, personalized handles.

Wow, you re-porcelained a Go Anywhere. That is really pretty. Did you even have the coleman lp bottle porcelained?

Just not sure where you find the time for those pet projects with your regular job and all the rehabs you do.

That’s awesome, Dave! The whole thing looks so cool 😎!

I am not sure what color I would go for if I could get by with paying for a re-porcelain coating. I saw where your guy did an avocado Go Anywhere; that would be one I would like. If someone could replicate pin striping and logos to then be porcelainized, a Skyline Go Anywhere might be my first choice!

I am in misery because there is an avocado 22” kettle for sale right. Not cheap but not insane either. I just have to admit, though, that I need to SELL not buy right now. Dave, you knock out plenty so you can justify doing the special personal ones you invest in. Maybe some day I can get a little closer to how you do it.👍

I wish I could afford to have him reporcelain my 1971 26” Aristocrat!

It would be interesting to know how kettle collectors would treat an antique grill that has been re-coated with real porcelain vs. the typical disdain for most paint touch-ups on these grills.

After being in lust for a Snap-On CGA for quite a
long while and realizing I will likely never acquire
one ... I opted to go a slightly different route.
My main interest in the Snap-On quite simply is
the beautiful red color. Oh, and the wooden handles.
Snap-On means nothing to me. Also, in having a
Char-Q, a PK, a couple of black CGA's and a couple
of Smokey Joe's, I am not lacking in small, portable
charcoal units. I do have a Q100, but other than that,
no other small, portable gassers.
Until now that is .......

7doi14el.jpg

CZtlIOvl.jpg

91rnG2Dl.jpg

gzl56MDl.jpg

WfYdMsQl.jpg

Hat tip to Jeff at Independence Porcelain Enamel
for the beautiful red finish, and to Brian Zavod for
the awesome, personalized handles.
Looks Great!

Sweet. Thats the way I would go if I wanted to refinish. Jon, I wouldn’t worry about what collectors think if you are refinishing with a custom color that you want. If it is worth doing, go for it.

Seeing that red makes me want one so badly. Years and years ago I saw a red one for sale but upon looking closer it was severely chipped. Near made me cry. So now I need to find me a place that can do that nearby. I assume that is real porcelain and not powder coating ?

Ok, I'm looking into this. I looked up the place you got yours done. Some amazing go anywheres pictured. But I cant find out the process. Just sprayed over the original porcelain or is the old stuff taken off and new applied ?

The process that Jeff at IPE does includes sand blasting the original porcelain (whether in new or used condition) and then putting on a new porcelain enamel of your color choice. His old school kiln machines get up to 1500 degrees or so. Finished product looks brand new. He has done numerous for me.

The process that Jeff at IPE does includes sand blasting the original porcelain (whether in new or used condition) and then putting on a new porcelain enamel of your color choice. His old school kiln machines get up to 1500 degrees or so. Finished product looks brand new. He has done numerous for me.
Ok, thanks. That gives me more info to ask when shopping around locally. If no one does it that way I will just have to send it to him. Again, thanks !

Great to see your back on the Site George...Where you been ?
Well, my weber addiction got out of control. My paraplegia got in the way. During all this other work got interrupted and my new hobby of growing succulents and cactuses took over. So between all that and trying to get my home shop organized which is a perpetual running cage, the bbq and grilling thing just faded to the background. so still working on the shop but have a solid plan now, have my lathe up and running, cleaned out all of my succulents and such so now I will soon be up and running on the grilling and smoking scene. Most has been said and done on the weber kettles but I'm more fascinated with the smaller grills and smokers. Still have much to do because I still have to many kettles and go anywhere. But thinning that out will be a slow process. So, that's where I have been. And yes, if I see a lonely grill I will still save it.

Back