On the vortex train again with legs for lunch.

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
After the vortex sat on its hook for months it has been used upside down and right side up multiple times in the last two weeks. Today was the legs I picked up resently.IMG_20210206_144002.jpg
And on they go.IMG_20210206_144006.jpg
Just over an hour right before I pulled them.IMG_20210206_143437.jpg
And pulledIMG_20210206_145039.jpg
I also made some (processed food 🤢) pizza rolls for my niece and anyone who didn't want legs. The legs are all gone and there are still pizza rollsleft over, success!

Tonight’s wings went before I could get a picture! About 10 degrees air temp full chimney with leftovers from baskets which made for a perfectly filled Vortex! About 40 minutes later they were done perfectly! My wife’s son was here who told me that a buddy of his (very accomplished grilled/smoker) said he can’t get his wings right...”But, Lewis always gets them perfect!” I’m quite flattered. Tonight’s were 24 drummettes and second sections, rubbed and rested overnight with nothing more than McCormicks smokehouse maple. They were just dandy! Used up last weeks smoked chicken in “King Ranch” chicken casserole a lá Daddy Jack. (Cooking with the Blues) worked out very nicely, extras of Chili, meatball sub makings, little cocktail weenies, gougere and now, I’m feeling food coma moving in!

Tonight’s wings went before I could get a picture! About 10 degrees air temp full chimney with leftovers from baskets which made for a perfectly filled Vortex! About 40 minutes later they were done perfectly! My wife’s son was here who told me that a buddy of his (very accomplished grilled/smoker) said he can’t get his wings right...”But, Lewis always gets them perfect!” I’m quite flattered. Tonight’s were 24 drummettes and second sections, rubbed and rested overnight with nothing more than McCormicks smokehouse maple. They were just dandy! Used up last weeks smoked chicken in “King Ranch” chicken casserole a lá Daddy Jack. (Cooking with the Blues) worked out very nicely, extras of Chili, meatball sub makings, little cocktail weenies, gougere and now, I’m feeling food coma moving in!
That is some great sounding food. I wanted to ask how it went. I am glad to hear it all went well, especially the wings. I haven't done Meatballs subs in a while, I need to get to all that. I love to hear the complement you got on the wings, way to go!!!

Thanks Michael, my blood sugar didn’t like me a lot this morning, I had a ton too many carbs when you add in the four well dressed tacos I had for lunch! It was a good day of eating though! I’ll do better the rest of the week.

Back