On the Pizza Train

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
I have been working on my kettle pizza game and after a few attempts since I posted my first try at kettle pizza I really feel like I am just starting to get the hang of it. I have used the below dough recipe the last two cooks and really like it. https://www.tasteandtellblog.com/homemade-pizza-dough-recipe/

Made three pies, a cheese, a BBQ chicken and bacon, and a half chicken bacon sausage, and half sausage and sun dried tomatoes. I think they could have all gone a minute more.
On a side note I used Royal Oak Chefs Select Charcoal Briquettes for the first time and I really like them.
Here they are before they went on my youngest daughter rocked the cheese pie all on her own.
20200718_170952.jpg20200718_170958.jpg20200718_171004.jpg20200718_165746.jpg
Here we got them on the kettle. 20200718_171629.jpg20200718_172608.jpg
This one was a little bigger then the stone. 20200718_173758.jpg

Here is a picture of the set up I use with the pizza stone sitting on top of the charcoal ring from my WSM 14.20200718_172612.jpg
And here is all three together for service. 20200718_174101.jpg

Looking really good, Michael! I've got dough in the fridge that I will use tomorrow night. Planning to try my first cast iron skillet pie using the Kettle Pizza attachment. Hopefully it will be post worthy! :)

R

Looking really good, Michael! I've got dough in the fridge that I will use tomorrow night. Planning to try my first cast iron skillet pie using the Kettle Pizza attachment. Hopefully it will be post worthy! :)

R
Are you using the same dough to do the CI skillet pie?
On a side note just picked up my first ever CI skillet today. Will be another new learning process for me.

Pies look great Michael! I am knew to kettle pizzas and looking to get started real soon. Still reading tips from others. I like your creative set up.

Pies look great Michael! I am knew to kettle pizzas and looking to get started real soon. Still reading tips from others. I like your creative set up.
Kelly,
My set up is a what I could make work the easiest to mimic a much better design then mine by Robert.

Are you using the same dough to do the CI skillet pie?
On a side note just picked up my first ever CI skillet today. Will be another new learning process for me.
We love CI, we have 13 skillets and Dutch ovens. Make every thing imaginable in them from bread to skillet pizzas. Three daily driver skillets 12", 10", 8" get used daily. They are seasoned so well that I can cook fried eggs in the 12" pan and slide them right on to the plate.

We love CI, we have 13 skillets and Dutch ovens. Make every thing imaginable in them from bread to skillet pizzas. Three daily driver skillets 12", 10", 8" get used daily. They are seasoned so well that I can cook fried eggs in the 12" pan and slide them right on to the plate.
Rich,
I have used my new skillet three times so far and have it ready to be used again tonight. I have used it only on the grill. The first two times were just grilled some veggies. Last night while making a bunch if stuff on the WSM (ribs, chicken breast, and foiled sliced potatoes) I fried up the Master Touch and pan fried some zucchini in the CI skillet. Tonight I will use it for a meat for the first time. I would like to try to make CI skillet pizza, but wonder if I could pull that off with multiple pies needing to be made.

Rich,
I have used my new skillet three times so far and have it ready to be used again tonight. I have used it only on the grill. The first two times were just grilled some veggies. Last night while making a bunch if stuff on the WSM (ribs, chicken breast, and foiled sliced potatoes) I fried up the Master Touch and pan fried some zucchini in the CI skillet. Tonight I will use it for a meat for the first time. I would like to try to make CI skillet pizza, but wonder if I could pull that off with multiple pies needing to be made.
That might be tricky seeing you have to make the pies in the skillet before cooking them. We have three 12" and three 10" if I use the two gassers I can pull it off because I can use the dedicated inside skillets on the gassers without worrying about smoke getting into the CI.
It might be fun to do one in the CI and the others just on the stone or grate. Just leave the one in CI in the pan to keep it warm while the others cook.
Then you can make a comparison to see how different the CI is.

Back