Old side burner?

TomRc

TVWBB Pro
Just purchased this new in box old Weber side burner. I don’t really know that much about it. I bought it sight unseen and it hasn’t even shipped yet, but it looks to be maybe an add-on accessory side burner rather than a replacement piece. I don’t have any real plans for it to be honest. I figured I’d just toss it into my inventory for now and use it on one of my nicer restorations down the road. Has anyone come across one before or know more about them?073A09D0-E54D-4934-9A1A-E036EAC28F7B.jpeg

Wow! A rare find for sure! That is the original side burner that came with the Genesis 3 but which I understand that they sold as an add-on so you could upgrade your Genesis 2. It dates back to the mid to late 80s.😎

I don’t think they kept that design for too many years, switching to the more familiar setup with the igniter and controls on the top.

I think you should save it for when you find a first generation Genesis 2, 3 or 4. It has too much historic value to throw on a newer grill.

I also wouldn't add that to a flipper, I'd hold it for my own keeper grill. I like the control knob and ignitor in that position, and the stainless looks so good on top!

Back