Old Kettle Find

Dan L NY

TVWBB Member
Driving home from work yesterday and had to save this from going to the dump my wife is not happy!! I have never rehabbed a kettle do you guys who know think this would be a good candidate?

The handle is screwed on is that something Weber did at one time and is there anyway of dating this?

Attachments

• WEB1.jpg
    WEB1.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 34
  • WEB2.jpg
    WEB2.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 34
  • WEB3.jpg
    WEB3.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 32
  • WEB4.jpg
    WEB4.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 33
  • WEB5.jpg
    WEB5.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 34
  • WEB6.jpg
    WEB6.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 35
That one looks like it cooked many good meals.

I'd give it a good cleaning, and keep oil on the rusty spots and probably use that one as a hot and fast cooking kettle.

77 nice, I am assuming the color is not grey but a nice shade of Oxidized Black! haha

I'm going to try to bring her back as much as possible. From a distance and from excitement it looked a lot nicer. I didn't realize how rough it was until I got home haha

Yes, the highly desirable “Oxyfaded” grey! I’ve seen dozens of old kettles with the handles bolted on, they work beautifully. Keep it clean and use it as often as possible.

I like the oldies, Dan. That one needs some TLC, but would be a great keeper! I found it's twin for free on NextDoor today.....I just don't have room for another one, so I'll let it go to someone else..... 1619538302604.png

Wow its twin awesome!!!

I probably wont hold onto this one either I have to many grills in my garage but it might just make its way up to Hunting camp. I am on the lookout for a ash pan I have lower dampers are on order and I will try and see if I can work on the oxidation.

Wow its twin awesome!!!

I probably wont hold onto this one either I have to many grills in my garage but it might just make its way up to Hunting camp. I am on the lookout for a ash pan I have lower dampers are on order and I will try and see if I can work on the oxidation.
Wipe it down with Pam or vegetable oil and get it hot!

Those old daisy wheel or three wheelers are the ticket for smoking on a kettle. So much easier to dial the temps then the one touch system.
That was one of my first kettles 1 year before we got married. ( 78)
I read that Weber reintroduced the daisy wheel to the European market?

Those old daisy wheel or three wheelers are the ticket for smoking on a kettle. So much easier to dial the temps then the one touch system.
I was thinking those vents looked outstanding for temp control! Ideal might be a one touch system w/ ash catcher AND the daisy wheels. If Lowe's stocked a standard kettle with daisy wheels, I would be hard pressed not to buy one.

Driving home from work yesterday and had to save this from going to the dump my wife is not happy!! I have never rehabbed a kettle do you guys who know think this would be a good candidate?

The handle is screwed on is that something Weber did at one time and is there anyway of dating this?
I gotta respect the Macho Man avatar - the cream rises to the top! Freak out!!!

Back