Ok Who's Smokin' What This Weekend?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm picking up a brisket from the Cash & Carry on the way home tonight and throwin' it on the WSM Saturday night. Probably throw some ABTs on Sunday afternoon.

I've got a pork butt in the fridge with the buckboard bacon cure on it. That'll be ready to smoke next weekend. The instructions said to leave it in the cure at least ten days. Has anyone let it go longer than ten days? What would be the result?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Konrad Haskins:
[qb] Well for the first time in a very long time we are just having an old fashioned BBQ at the house for the folks we like. Cooking up a monster 14# Chuck Roll, some Chickens and a mess of spare ribs. All with Low Carb Rub and Sauce as Jim and I want to keep up the shrinking waist lines. [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>and where do you live? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Picking up 30 pounds or so of whole king salmon on the way home, half is for me and half is for a co-worker...and this thread has me thinking that I should go across the street to the Cash&Carry and pick up a Chuck Roll, I checked the freezer this morning and it appears that were out of smoked beef...

Supposed to be above 0 deg C all this weekend for the first time since fall in the Great White North, I figure I'll baptize my new WSM, and my first smoke with BRITU... (Might have to rename the recipe "Best Ribs At the Edge of The Universe" in honour of Northern Ontario) /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Welcome Jackomo, The ice finally melted on our pool today here just south of the border but way up there, it must still look like Medvezegorsk Central Market in Russia, taken today and found at:
http://www.wunderground.com/wximage/imagesearch.html?handle=bobson&handlebox=1&submit=go

2.jpg

Good luck on your 1st smoke and let us know how it goes. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Going to try country style ribs for the first time this weekend (wife says they're on sale) with a rub of my own creation and doctored KC Masterpiece sauce. Like John, I've got two butt halves curing in the fridge for Buckboard bacon. Sunday is only day 5 and they will be smoked next Saturday.

I have 2 pork bellies in a brine for Saturday. A pork butt wrapped in saran that has been rubbed. Beef short ribs in saran that has been rubbed. Shrimp in the shell,which will be brined in the am. The pork bellies will be sliced for bacon. The butt pulled. The shrimp peeled and eaten. First time for beef short ribs, might be eaten, might be tossed to the neighbor's dog. Squid on the grill, also turkey burgers. Veggies wrapped in foil with garlic, olive oil and what ever spices look good in the am. For dessert refrigerated biscut dough flattened out and filled with cherry pie filling, folded closed tight and rolled in cinnamon mixed with sugar. Placed in a pan, put on the grill with lid closed and baked til brown, about 15 min. Home made bread in the house oven.Weather will be about 65*.Oh yes cold beer.

Tony, my new best friend, I'll be right there! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BTW, Great website! Gettin' some page errors lately though...

I'll be doin a whole lota Ribs. This Weekend I am having a bunch of guest for my g/f's Birhtday. I will be making 9 Racks of Ribs (half BRITU and half Texas Sprinkle with an Apple Cider/Jack Daniels Baste.) I hope to see what my guest prefer. I am also throwing some Chicken Breast on the Grill with a basic rub, a Garlic Butter Baste and a Nice TJ Glaze). Wish me luck.

Ribs on Sunday! Haven't decided on the rub yet, but something different. I have Kirk's book and will get some ideas from there.

OK, Tony's place is a little too far to drive this weekend and I'm not smokin' either /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif I went to Sam's this morning and bought 4 rib eyes (3.5 lb total wt) and since I was finally able to get to the Weber Genesis on the front deck yesterday, I'm gonna have at least 2 of them steaks and since the wife doesn't eat that much meat, (although she has come around to my bbq) I might get 3 of them! Sorry guys, butt I haven't had a GOOD steak in about 5 months

Throwing a birthday party for a friend. Smoking 6 slaps of spareribs, a pack of pork sauages, and chicken on the gas grill. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

3 racks baby backs on right now, after they're done will raise the heat and do a meatloaf before bed. Tomorrow or Sunday will grill a ribeye and lobster tail on the Genesis for wife and I to split.

I've been fiddling around and learning as I go. Haven't produced anything great on the WSM yet but some has been not bad.

Salmon was on sale. The Weber chimney is fired now, 6:30 PM, PST. Gonna do Chris' appetizer-style salmon, apple smoke. If it comes out muy bueno, I'll give some to the couple whose home I'm scarfing at tomorrow. BTW, an American, he was trained at the Cordon Blue, Paris (really) and is ignorant re: real Q. Given this handicap he obviously requires introduction to properly smoked meat. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Pork loin ribs (3-2 lb slabs) going tomorrow for my very first smoke ever (wish me luck!) Using BRITU recipe with minor substituion of white for ground black pepper (what do you think?).

Gonna be rainy tomorrow here in Chicagoland, but the pop-up gazebo should take care of that.

Gotten good advice from folks in another topic.

In conjunction with the Final Four- -I am doing BB's (BRITU and some with a rub I got from a local BBQ joint (best in SC--IMHO) topped with Dreamland sauce.

Lots of Sunbeam white bread.

Oh yeah, and 3 chickens (one beer can, one WB Italian, and one Italian Marinade) on my Weber Kettle.

Go ACC (Tech and Duke).

I cooked a ribeye roast in the WSM on Sunday that turned out fantastic! I used Chris' Montreal Steak seasoning recipe from the cooking section.
I can't wait to try one again.

I have two WSM's, so I headed to Sam's Club and picked up a Pork Shoulder, one 6 lb Brisket and two 3 lb Briskets. Haven't been BBQing much because of the rain, but the suns coming out and so is the Hickory. I'll be up at 4AM on Saturday to get the smoke rolling. I'll post a few pictures Sunday or Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back