Ok what do I have here? I really wanted a blue topper.....this is my next project

That is WOOD. I have collected two grills this year with the really old style quick connect on them. People continue to use them, however, I wonder where they are getting them filled at? I didn't think refill places would fill anything but the new style QCC1 connector tanks.
The refill place I go to does them

When you replace the old grey slats with some of your nice teak and that will be very pretty!
Yeah, the crooked AFF badge would make me a little crazy too!

I just left a reply over on my other thread but will include the pics of todays progress here as well.........
Yes it is wood.....old dried out wood
Yep its a quick release regulator thingamabob
Correct I dont think it had been used for a while cause there were cob webs inside

I got the inside of the hood and outside spotless....so nice the hood is sitting in our dining room.
I got the Weber emblem removed
The end caps removed and clean
The thermometer clean
All 13 bars clean

But as I said on my other post now I have to pump the brakes because after I got the end caps clean I notice several chips in the OEM paint so I know I cant just use a fancy prep and paint away cause the chipped areas will show up as shiny spots. The only thing I can think of is to go ahead and paint but while still wet just touch each shiny spot with a micro fiber towel to give it a texture. I shouldnt even have to do that for the second and third coat.
I dont like the flat paint
I dont like the smooth look
For me to be happy on this Blueberry build it has to be the OEM finish look..........

Attachments

• 20200703_203221.jpg
    20200703_203221.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200703_203157.jpg
    20200703_203157.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200703_203202.jpg
    20200703_203202.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 17
So have u guys figured out what this model is called? I need to order new burners for it and these look like they may be a bit longer then the Silver B's

You want burners that will fit a Genesis 1000 grill. Yes they are a bit longer than Silver B burners.
But I believe the actual model of your grill is a Genesis 4000.

The part number is Weber #7506 and you can get them on Amazon: Weber #7506 Burners for Genesis 1000

I would use the OEM burners if possible, but then I am more of a preserver than a restorer. The Chinese replacements seem to be thinner material with larger but fewer slots, which means what? I dunno, but you gotta stick with the horse that brung ya, in my view.

Thanks for the thought there......by the time u sent it the order had already been placed. This Blueberry will be sold though....its way too big for my deck

Back