OK I pulled a senior moment

LMichaels

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
As many know I have 2 grills on my deck. A Genesis 2000 and my Wolf. Both running natural gas. Well neither is on the deck right now as I just had my deck stained with oil based Sikkens stain yesterday. It takes a few days to completely soak in and dry.
So I switched the Genesis back over to my LP manifold setup. At least I thought I did. I accidentally installed my older setup for NG but regulated from 7"WC down to the 3.5"WC regulator I have. Very hard to see the orifice sizes as the low pressure NG ones are VERY close to the LP ones. Well it's definitely throwing flames LOL. But since I am cooking steaks I'll just run it on low and med and regulate by number of burners on.
Remember do as I say not as I do :D

Glad I never made a mistake like that...Well at least not the exact same thing with a manifold.... Well maybe a couple of times, but I wasn't in Illinois at the time so it doesn't count...Right.
I'm sure the good alcohol will make everything okay...Cheers!

Well, I did turn off the grill but what I forgot was to turn off the lawn sprinkler in the back yard so it ran for about 3 hours rather than 1 I had THOUGHT I set my watch for,
It was just a small gathering, with the next door neighbor (sorry Bruce) LOL
I love the look of the Sikkens product though not being a sold but a transparent oil stain it does not hold up as well as a solid "stain". I have not tried other brands of transparent oil based so I have nothing to compare it to.
Re the steaks. I did not go over board on the heat. When I realized my mistake I simply ran the grill on low/med and indirect doing the meat over the center of the grill with the turned off burner. The orifices made it run in between as if someone had hooked up LP to a standard NG grill and actual LP grill because it was a set up I had used for something else. (NG regulated down to 3.5" WC) so it did not run like the giant blow torch you would imagine but it did throw some fire LOL. It's being changed back to NG tomorrow anyway once the deck is cured.
And sorry no photos of the "sear" the "evidence" was not photographed prior to being disposed of by human consumption :D
Some photos of what the deck looks like
20200826_073833.jpg20200826_073822.jpg20200826_073820.jpg20200826_073807.jpg

I love their automotive finishes. A while back oldest daughter broke the rear 1/4 panel and rear door skin on her Saturn plastic fantastic. She was backing out and literally touched her roommate's car and it was brutally cold -15 true temps. So the plastic literally shattered like glass. So I found another door skin and 1/4 panel. Her car is that pale powder blue metallic. The pieces I bought were dark purple. So I had a shop near by mix up her base coat color in Sikkens for me as well as provided me with the proper Sikkens clear coat and associated chemicals i.e. reducer, prep sol, and hardener. I hung the 2 panels in the garage that spring, wiped them down, then scuffed them up with some 600 then 1000 wet dry. Prep sol again shot them with the base let them cure a bit then buried them in the clear. Stuff laid down so perfectly I didn't even have to buff it. Color matched so well unless I told you which panels I painted you would never see it. And I used a cheap little Harbor Freight suction feed touch up gun. Not even a high quality gun. I think I spent maybe $12 for it LOL. But it looks like a pro job!

Back