Oceans of junk...

I think these were the standard SS grates. It is even cheaper than the Costco offer for the 3 burner. I have not been at Costco in weeks. But today I saw the Weber here in the store. The first time I have ever seen Weber at Costco.
I'm wondering why Lowe's is blowing those out. I've seen the same thing around here. The reason I'm wondering is because the last time Lowe's had a huge Weber blowout sale it was a model that was getting discontinued. But I don't see Weber doing that to this model, so it makes me curious what's up with it.

I think they are getting rid of the larger Genesis models on the showroom floor. Not many people are willing to spend $1,250 plus tax. And if they want one they can order it. Plus it is an NG version.

Mike, I have done the “pitch” at stores before too, very similar situation:
”It was a gift...” wife looks shattered. Enter the Performer Advocate, cape blowing in the wind! “Citizen, You just need to give it a little time and (Tadaa) visit this site!”
Hands the husband a TVWBB four fold card! Husband feels great relief, wife looks at Performer Advocate beaming!
Weeks later Performer Advocate (in Street clothes) sees couple at meat counter looking at what to get for the weekend, later in checkout, they have two butts, some great looking porterhouses, various vegetables perfect for grilling, wine, beer, flowers and smiles!
My job is done,
Cue heroic music...

LOL. I don't know if anyone remembers but back in 08 Weber did a PR stint on the " Campaign To Promote Grill Decency "
Basically you registered at Weber and they sent you out this neat fold out folder which held buttons, stickers, door knob flyers and a laminated ID.
My Wife Kelly got one for me. I think it's still in the garage.

Tim

LOL. I don't know if anyone remembers but back in 08 Weber did a PR stint on the " Campaign To Promote Grill Decency "
Basically you registered at Weber and they sent you out this neat fold out folder which held buttons, stickers, door knob flyers and a laminated ID.
My Wife Kelly got one for me. I think it's still in the garage.

Tim
I didn't know about that. But for some reason I want the kit now.

Lots of junk in Indiana, too!:confused:

I was in Indiana last week and dropped by a Lowe's in pursuit of finally seeing a SmokeFire and also scoping things out for our upcoming move. The temperature was a lot different, but the outside of the store grill selection looked just like South Florida's "Oceans of Junk" I posted about above:
More junk grills at Lowes.jpg

I did get to finally see a SmokeFire. While it has had a rocky start and isn't all that Weber promised, I do think it is a stylish and mostly decently constructed grill for the price range it competes in. There are some definite issues that Weber seems now to be taking seriously after some initial blame shifting. I look for the SmokeFire to improve and be a solid competitor. It won't be a low maintenance, super easy to clean, hot searing with no cold spots, low and slow with no drip pans as was originally promised. No, you will have to maintain it like any other pellet grill. Yes, it can sear pretty amazingly, but expect some unevenness and probably some ash blowing around. Still, users who have stuck with it are reporting exceptionally good smoke and have showed some great looking BBQ
SmokeFire on display at Lowes.jpg
Weber SmokeFire Promises.jpg

SmokeFire EX4 Interior.jpg
SmokeFire Front on display at Lowes.jpg

Last edited:

Back