Nutty "Kettle" Fried Chicken

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I've got quite a backlog of cooks I want to try. Finally got around to this one. This recipe was supposed to be something you can do up in the oven. I used a 22" kettle. Sided it up with Crash Potatoes and some Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower. Here goes.

Made a dredge evaporated milk, biscuit baking mix, chopped pecans, paprika, salt, poultry seasoning, rubbed sage and butter. Two bowls, one with the milk and dry ingredients in the other. Dipped and coated the chicken thighs.

enhance

Used one head of cauliflower and cut into florets. Dipped each one in melted butter and finely chopped garlic. Rolled each in a bread crumb mixture including grated parmesan, salt and pepper. Placed on baking sheet.

enhance

Put together Crash potatoes. Topped with salt and pepper, parmesan and chopped rosemary.

enhance

Did the chicken on the JJ.

enhance

Did the cauliflower and potatoes on a couple of 22's. I was a little worried about our baking sheets due to width but they were unscathed.

enhance

enhance

The chicken took a little over an hour and the sides around half hour each.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Plated.

enhance

enhance

It all tasted great. The chicken was moist and very good. I'll be doing this again only will pull out the Vortex and grill it directly on the grate. Sides were tasty too, especially the potatoes. Have a nice week everyone. Thanks for looking.

That's some serious good eats Cliff. Excellent results with the breaded cauliflower & chicken. The taters very clever

That is one awesome cook Cliff. Everything is over the top. Like the cauliflower dish for sure.

Back