Not My Mamas Meatloaf

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
Been on a bacon kick the past few weeks and tonight is not an exception to that. I made a
meatloaf with the normal seasonings, with some shaved Parmesan cheese added to the mix.
I then did a basket weave of peppered bacon.
DSC_6998-001.jpg

Put onto the grill with a few chunks of pecan wood at a temp of 225 – 250 to start.
I’ll kick it up the later to get the bacon crisp.
DSC_7003.jpg

Our sides, in keeping with my bacon kick, consists of bacon wrapped asparagus and Fire wire
potatoes (no bacon – ran out
icon_eek.gif
and didn't want to run to the store).
DSC_7006.jpg

Potatoes were put onto the grill. The meatloaf is at 110 internal temperature. Kicked up the grill to 350.
DSC_7008.jpg

Meatloaf off the grill at 168 internal temperature.
DSC_7009.jpg

Asparagus added to the grill.
DSC_7011.jpg

Here’s your plate!
DSC_7015.jpg

This was one delicious meal! Meatloaf was moist, bacon crisp and everyone at the table
left full! I think there is enough left for 1 sammie tomorrow!

Thanks for looking!

that is exactly what i want to do when i attempt my meatloaf. but i am not good with a weave so will just drape it over the loaf.

looks very good.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Becky M-M:
that is exactly what i want to do when i attempt my meatloaf. but i am not good with a weave so will just drape it over the loaf.

looks very good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Becky! I didn't know how to do a weave either until I went HERE. I didn't follow the meatloaf recipe, only the step by step weave. Hope this helps.

Mike, you're a FOOD ARTIST!
All your cooks & photos are more than suitable for framing!

and DELICIOUS too, I'm sure!

Loved the entire combination of foods. Great work. Once again you proved that bacon can tie everything together and make it better.

Mike

Back