No foil in pan

Andy Beers

TVWBB Diamond Member
Had my first cook yesterday Ribs and chicken.I did not foil the pan and used water.I sprayed the pan with cooking spray before the cook and clean up was a breeze I just put in a little dish soap and hot water and let it sit overnight and it wiped out with vry little to no effort. I think foiling the pan would take longer than clean up not to mention the foil being used(Yes I am cheap)What are your feelings on this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Beers:
Had my first cook yesterday Ribs and chicken.I did not foil the pan and used water.I sprayed the pan with cooking spray before the cook and clean up was a breeze I just put in a little dish soap and hot water and let it sit overnight and it wiped out with vry little to no effort. I think foiling the pan would take longer than clean up not to mention the foil being used(Yes I am cheap)What are your feelings on this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Andy,

I'm cheap too and heavy duty foil ain't cheap so what you're doing is fine. If you're doing a small cook using only top grate another option is to just use an oval aluminum baking pan. I frequently do a couple of slabs or single butt and the pan works perfect. I lay a single piece of foil on top the pan and gently depress the middle and crimp to the pan to catch drippings. Been using the same pan for the last 6-7 cooks and still in good shape.

Thanks Scotty,I do use a metal baking pan as well and it does catch a lot of the drippings, we also like to use the drippings for a gravey or an au jus. If we don't use it for that meal than we freeze the stock and use for another (Hot pulled pork sandwiches with leftovers)Money is hard to come by and I can't afford to waste anything.

Yes that works great, I have been doing the cooking spray deal for awhile now. Very easy to dump and just wipe out with a couple paper towels.

I'm finding that so much of BBQ is whatever works for me. If you like your procedure then that's all that counts. Run with it and enjoy the great food.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back