Nice having The Wife in the business

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
It sure is nice having a wife in the grocery business.
Went to Safeway and cleaned house on our shopping. One free ham plus two more at $.97 lb. Next up was T-bone steaks final price with Barbs employee discount pulse an Easter bonus of $30.00 was $1.72 per steak.
The rest of the things we bought had various employee discounts. Bottom line we paid $64.14 the pre discount price for everything was $144.98, saved a nice $80.84. :) :giggle::D(y)20240329_112633.jpg

20240329_112652.jpg

20240329_113614.jpg

It sure is nice having a wife in the grocery business.
Went to Safeway and cleaned house on our shopping. One free ham plus two more at $.97 lb. Next up was T-bone steaks final price with Barbs employee discount pulse an Easter bonus of $30.00 was $1.72 per steak.
The rest of the things we bought had various employee discounts. Bottom line we paid $64.14 the pre discount price for everything was $144.98, saved a nice $80.84. :) :giggle::D(y)View attachment 88465

View attachment 88466

View attachment 88467
Good deal Rich.
I got one at Safeway this morning. They had organic semi-boneless leg of lamb for $3.99/lb. Picked ap 2, 4+pounders and hit the self checkout. Total came to $15 and change for both and, yes, they both scanned. Must be my employee discount for doing my own checking:)

Nice haul Rich, definately some good deals. That vacuum sealer is worth it's weight in good meat. I always shop the meat sales at Von's/Safeway here and vacuum seal it for the freezer in the garage. The butchers at the local Von's are great about custom cutting the sale items for me.

Way to score on the prices Rich.
I use our Safeway for our upper end or hard to find items.
Every now and then they offer up some really nice discounts if I pay attention.

I am so fortunate to have Barb in my life. With the one surgery for her first hip replacement done and the second coming up in June, then on to the knees, I don't know how she keeps her cheerful disposition, nothing gets her down.
Walking through Safeway on Wednesday was an eye opener, as it is every time we go there. There were so many customers and I mean a lot as we walked through the store saying they were glad to see her doing so well and wished she would come back. Employes's from almost all departments shouting out "Good to see you Barb hurry up and get well so we can get you back". Or coming out to give her a hug. Even the venders wishing her well.
Her boss told her if she wants to come back, he will always have a spot for her.
Being a former supervisor of a crew of 20-25, I can see why her boss would want her back.
With her work ethics and what she does for customer relations is priceless.
When I ask her if she wants to go back to work part time for the holidays, I just get this little smile and "We'll see".

Not sure if I can say the name, but their biggest customer rhymes with Meter Mugers
Haven’t been there in like 35-40 years.

I think our last steak house was Morton’s. Was quite good. But I think I lay down the same spread, with better wine, and for less $$. And I don’t have to drive home. Which means more wine.

I am so fortunate to have Barb in my life. With the one surgery for her first hip replacement done and the second coming up in June, then on to the knees, I don't know how she keeps her cheerful disposition, nothing gets her down.
Walking through Safeway on Wednesday was an eye opener, as it is every time we go there. There were so many customers and I mean a lot as we walked through the store saying they were glad to see her doing so well and wished she would come back. Employes's from almost all departments shouting out "Good to see you Barb hurry up and get well so we can get you back". Or coming out to give her a hug. Even the venders wishing her well.
Her boss told her if she wants to come back, he will always have a spot for her.
Being a former supervisor of a crew of 20-25, I can see why her boss would want her back.
When I ask her if she wants to go back to work part time for the holidays, I just get this little smile and "We'll see".
That's a phenomenal post, Rich. I mean, I'm happy you saved some hard-earned $$, but that post really nails it. You and Barb are the best.

I love this....so heartwarming to see the impact she had on so many people and had to be great to feel the love they have for her

Back