Nice evening last night

LMichaels

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
So yesterday, we had glorious weather here in the Stateline. Low 80s, low humidity. Decided on grilled chicken and some of the outstanding sweet corn we can now get again from a local farm here in Cherry Valley called Blackmer's. This stuff is good beyond description.
Got a few ears in town, stopped at Cattle and Cream got some chicken (also picked up a Snake River Farms Tri Tip all vacuum packed) and some home made Italian sausage (hot and mild).
Pulled the big Wolf out, got the 2 outside burners on either side into a med/high temp, center 2 on low, got my chicky thighs on and wife's boneless breast. Put the corn on right in the husk got that all nicely browned up. Wife took it inside after stripping off the husks and slathered on some Kerry Gold butter.
Meanwhile I brought our smaller TV outside on a stool and we enjoyed the dinner, wine, after dinner B&B dessert and so on. White Sox lost though :( so we turned on some reruns I recorded. All in all gorgeous night
Note my jelly jar rain gauge on the deck rail :D
1659182429337.jpeg
1659182461262.jpeg

Sounds like a great time Larry! I’m up here in what the Chippewa call ”Boonies” and have very very limited connections with no TV and am perfectly happy.
I will be happy to have my own shower and bed, though.

So yesterday, we had glorious weather here in the Stateline. Low 80s, low humidity. Decided on grilled chicken and some of the outstanding sweet corn we can now get again from a local farm here in Cherry Valley called Blackmer's. This stuff is good beyond description.
Got a few ears in town, stopped at Cattle and Cream got some chicken (also picked up a Snake River Farms Tri Tip all vacuum packed) and some home made Italian sausage (hot and mild).
Pulled the big Wolf out, got the 2 outside burners on either side into a med/high temp, center 2 on low, got my chicky thighs on and wife's boneless breast. Put the corn on right in the husk got that all nicely browned up. Wife took it inside after stripping off the husks and slathered on some Kerry Gold butter.
Meanwhile I brought our smaller TV outside on a stool and we enjoyed the dinner, wine, after dinner B&B dessert and so on. White Sox lost though :( so we turned on some reruns I recorded. All in all gorgeous night
Note my jelly jar rain gauge on the deck rail :D
View attachment 56421
View attachment 56422
‘Merica! Good on you guys!

Looks like a beautiful evening! We’ve only eaten outside one night all summer, just been too damn hot. Today was beautiful but we had a late lunch and skipped dinner.

So you put ice in your "wine"? :LOL: That looks surprisingly similar to my favorite beverage (sometimes with ice, mostly straight-up).

Everything nice and green...beautiful scenery, Larry.

1659232878587.png

It did turn out to be a nice evening, looks like everything is green by you as well. That's awesome you can get local corn. Sometimes the simpe pleasures are the best.

Back