NG to LP for Weber Genesis E-320

Kevin L (NKY)

TVWBB Diamond Member
I have seen a few 320 series Gennys for sale but they are NG and I need Propane so what parts are needed for a conversion.
Grill is a plain Jane 3 knob ,no side burner , north south burner grill. Also no sear burner.
I am wondering at about what price is good to make change over worth the original cost.

You may be searching for the wrong thing. The regular 3 burner NS style with nothing special is a 310. The 320 was an EW burner. Thing is on those I don't know if the valves are different between NG and LP. You would literally have to open them up and see if they have a continuous groove without 3 separate "holes" or if it's a simple 3 hole spool valve. The latter you cannot go easily from NG to LP or vice versa. The continuous type you can switch to your heart's content

Hood point I had a S310 a 2007. Model and it lower panel had some good rust this one has none .
My old one was a great grill but it went with my house sale, this time I would like to try a N/S burner configuration. A side burner would be nice ,but not required. This one has a good starting price now to get a parts list , I will likely get new flavor bars and maybe a ignitor as they fail.
Any help would be most appreciated.

Bottom line the ability to convert using only main orifices is dependent on the valves the grill has. You will not know that until you open it up. By then you're committed. If you don't have the right valves you now have to buy an entire manifold, gas line and fittings. My guess is you could be looking at up to a couple hundred bucks

Back