Newbies MAD BeefShorties Weekend Roller-coaster #ATGNI

Great cook but an even better score on all that for the price (about $379 US). The Stoker alone is almost worth that much! Awesome.

Slim Jim, welcome to the forum and what an awesome first cook. We all have had our mistakes that's how we learn. Congrats on the hall you did outstanding and looking forward to many more of your cooks.

Wow! Very impressive post, along with a most impressive first cook. Welcome to the forum and you're off to a great start. I to really like my maverick also, great tool. Barb and I really enjoy grilling and BBQ and most of all the great folks on this forum.

James, complimenti.
First, welcome to the forum.
Then, let me say that your shorties look delicious. Watching the video I can say how much the meat is though because it reacts at your pressure like a gum.
May I tell you to stop using meat probe and use only probe test.
When probe goes into the meat like knife in warm butter, then short beef ribs are ready. Let them Vent for 10 minutes to stop carry over, then wrapp in double foil and blankets for 1 hour.
Then eat.

Jimbo. What a great intro. Congrats. That was a fine cook indeed for your maiden voyage. Impressive looking bones mate.

Get yourself down to GrillStock 2016 in Bristol. I am!! (Chris Arnold, TVWBB member, is competing again this year). Tickets only left for Sunday 3rd July.

Look forward to your brisket.
Thank you Tony... Unfortunately that weekend we are booked into http://www.camperjam.com, a VW campervan festival in Shropshire (my other passion) so we can't make it.
Maybe next year. :)

Great cook but an even better score on all that for the price (about $379 US). The Stoker alone is almost worth that much! Awesome.
I know, I couldn't believe it. Total bargain!
Only issue was that it came with a US power supply. But I emailed 'Rocky' and he confirmed I could just order a new power supply with a UK socket with the same conversion process.
Which I have done, received and tested.
May even use it for the Brisket cook tomorrow. (Just about to start a thread on that now!)

Slim Jim, welcome to the forum and what an awesome first cook. We all have had our mistakes that's how we learn. Congrats on the hall you did outstanding and looking forward to many more of your cooks.
May thanks Barb. Hoping it will be the first of many!

Wow! Very impressive post, along with a most impressive first cook. Welcome to the forum and you're off to a great start. I to really like my maverick also, great tool. Barb and I really enjoy grilling and BBQ and most of all the great folks on this forum.
Thank you very much Rich, hoping to learn a lot from you guys.

James, complimenti.
First, welcome to the forum.
Then, let me say that your shorties look delicious. Watching the video I can say how much the meat is though because it reacts at your pressure like a gum.
May I tell you to stop using meat probe and use only probe test.
When probe goes into the meat like knife in warm butter, then short beef ribs are ready. Let them Vent for 10 minutes to stop carry over, then wrapp in double foil and blankets for 1 hour.
Then eat.
Yes, little bit of a mistake with the timings too. Will know for next time, I guess it is all a learning curve. but not too bad for a first attempt. :cool:

Back