Brisket size/shape help... please?

OK folks, following on from my (some say very lucky!) fantastic first smoke... Newbies MAD BeefShorties Weekend Roller coaster ATGNI

I have been supplied yet again by an amazing piece of beef from my local butchers. G. N. Badley
They have once more said I can take it to hem to have it cut/butchered in any way I like.

It is just under 5kgs, so about 11 pounds.

Following the High Heat Brisket info I am after advice on if I should alter the shape/trim the fat on this fantastic bit of meat.

Can anyone make any suggestions please?

Original full brisket:
BrisketMeat1st_01.jpg

This section I have had is about 30cm x 40cm x 2-7cm:
BrisketMeat1st_03.jpg

BrisketMeat1st_06.jpg

Little bit of fat coverage
BrisketMeat1st_07.jpg

A little bit thin on the left hand side.
BrisketMeat1st_08.jpg

Nice bit of fat...
BrisketMeat1st_09.jpg

Muscle looks good!
BrisketMeat1st_10.jpg

BrisketMeat1st_11.jpg

Hoping it may shrink a little, so it fits better!!!
BrisketMeat1st_12.jpg

BrisketMeat1st_13.jpg

Your ideas please gents?

Well.... I'd completely remove the thin left hand side (use it for hamburger?) & trim the fat cap to 1/4" or a little less.
And then cook that puppy!

Good luck!!!

I'd just trim the fat cap. Although it is hard to tell what I'm looking at. That brisket is cut differently than we get. It seems sideways and the part on the left seems like it's not typically on an American brisket just going by the grain. I could see it maybe overcooking.

I could be way off here, but judging from that 3rd pic. I think that part on the left is the point(?). In which case, I wouldn't simply use it for hamburger. I'm not a fan of this, but in order to fit, maybe separate the point from the flat. I bit more fat trimming, and it might fit.

Back