Newb in Tx

JToona

TVWBB Member
Justin here from North Texas. Wife bought me a WSM18 for my birthday last week (10/5) and I ran the first fire through it and am looking to make some good BBQ.

Read a TON of stuff here and at amazingribs and have high hopes for this new hobby! Gadgets like the cyberq and heatermeter have me excited to start cooking!

I'm thinking about getting some spare ribs and getting them smoked this weekend. Hopefully everything turns out ok!

Justin here from North Texas. Wife bought me a WSM18 for my birthday last week (10/5) and I ran the first fire through it and am looking to make some good BBQ.

Read a TON of stuff here and at amazingribs and have high hopes for this new hobby! Gadgets like the cyberq and heatermeter have me excited to start cooking!

I'm thinking about getting some spare ribs and getting them smoked this weekend. Hopefully everything turns out ok!

Hello,

I am new here as well. Good buy! I want an 18 as well... I have two 14 in. one made with a smokey joe and the Weber built. If you have not smoked before... you have a journey ahead of you... I am still relatively new to it (1 year maybe) and I cannot get enough...

Hope to get to know everyone on here and learn some stuff and hopefully help with some.

Welcome to the group.:smokeyjoe:

Welcome to the forum Justin. Just a thought for you, learn fire control manually before you invest in an ATC. Once you have fire control mastered, then go for the ATC. Remember, ATC's can fail and if you are still in the middle of a cook, you need to be able to handle a manual cook.
Everyone here is very friendly and we all love to help others. Congrats on the new WSM.

Hi Justin!

I'm a newb smoker too! Kind of at the same place as you. I've read lots of good info from many websites and especially this forum. Got a 14.5 a few weeks back and have done two sets of ribs and one tri-tip. So far, loving the process! Just wanted to say hi from Houston!

Hello Justin and welcome!!! Welcome to probably one of the most addictive (Yet Rewarding) Hobbies!!! Let us know how those Ribs came out!!!

Welcome Justin and congrats on the WSM18. Your going to love it and yes if you need help on anything just ask away. We have awesome members and always willing to help. Looking forward to seeing some cooks soon.

Back