Newb from Austin

Steve R

TVWBB Member
Hi there - been lurking on this site for about a year, decided to step up and sign up.

Living here in Austin TX has taught me a lot about bbq'ing, and I've been at it for about 3 years.

Started out refrubing a cheap charbroil offset, quickly outgrew and bought a beautiful Pecos offset. Sold that to save some space in the new backyard and got a WSM.

I do all my smoking on a 22 WSM, and I just got a new Performer Deluxe to compliment the Genesis S330 workhorse..

Just want to say thanks for all the contributions to this forum, it's a great resource for bbq'ers all over the place.

Welcome aboard Steve and congrats on that new Performer. Weber sure knows how to make great products and we love to turn out great food on them.

Welcome aboard. I started on an offset also. I got tired of baby sitting so went with a WSM. Kinda like you.

Also like you, I am from TX but am exiled to AL right now.

Hello Steve Welcome to VWBB
I relocated to Austin from Socal on a Temp work assignment..
I have to say I love the way Austin TX does the moist brisket & yes I use the "TX crutch" method.

Happy Grilling.

Last edited:
Welcome Steve. I also am a newbie and am learning a lot from the forum here. There's a great group of people and very helpful. Glad to have you along for this fun, crazy, ride.

Back