New: Weber Floor Protection Mat

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member

Weber has come out with their own floor protection mat for use under charcoal and gas grills.
  • Large surface area protects and covers the surface beneath your grill
  • Heat resistant and weather resistant
  • Anti-bacterial and quick drying
  • Smooth surface makes rolling up and storage easy
  • Compatible with a variety of grill sizes from an 18” kettle to a 4-burner gas grill
Currently priced at $43.99 on Weber.com, which is pricy compared to similar products, but you're paying for Weber quality and that logo in the bottom right corner. Someone on Amazon is selling for $62 but I'm sure that ridiculous price will drop to Weber's advertised price once the product becomes widely available.

91GvoJiwNQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81TaO0JzFVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I always thought it was kind of funny how companies con people into paying for the opportunity to advertise for them.
I take it you don't own any sports team T-shirts or paraphernalia either. IMO that's the biggest "con" of all. 🤷‍♀️ To each their own. :giggle:

Brenda, I am guilty. Guilty of all the sports stuff, all the weber stuff, TVWBB stuff. I just find it interesting how companies get paid to let people be their walking billboards.
I am not knocking it, just find it a bit ironic.

My pet peeve is dealer decals and plate frames when you buy a car. Sorry, but I'm not advertising your name for free when I just paid all of this money for a vehicle. I've actually refused to take delivery and sent them back around to the prep bay to remove the offending bits. But that Weber logo mat?....take my money, please.

Yet we do it with clothes all the time.
The expectation (or tolerance) is there for branding on things like clothing and vehicles. But a 3rd party like a dealer piling on with their own badging like a parasite?...not on my ride. That would be like Target stitching their logo on my Samsonite luggage just because I bought it from them.

Brenda, I am guilty. Guilty of all the sports stuff, all the weber stuff, TVWBB stuff. I just find it interesting how companies get paid to let people be their walking billboards.
I am not knocking it, just find it a bit ironic.
Yeah, I get your point - it's a valid one. Thankfully, we all get to decide for ourselves who we are willing to let exploit us. 😄

The expectation (or tolerance) is there for branding on things like clothing and vehicles. But a 3rd party like a dealer piling on with their own badging like a parasite?...not on my ride. That would be like Target stitching their logo on my Samsonite luggage just because I bought it from them.
Hadn't given it much thought, but I guess I am the same way. I once made the deal conditional on a dealer badge being removed, also.
But I willingly paid hard-earned cash for this (the sign). And I LOVE it! 😆

Attachments

• 20211017_132037.jpg
    20211017_132037.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 16
I hope the mat is of a better quality than their overpriced and flimsy covers. Weber does a lot of things right but their covers are not among them.

The Amazon link is down to $52, in stock. The dimensions listed are obviously incorrect. I can't help but wonder about that weird patio they set up for the pictures, either.

Back