New traditional Thanksgiving!

You bet,
It’s from an old cookbook “Cordon Bluegrass” which was a wedding gift almost 30 years ago.
Really simple,
9C016513-8575-416A-B6D6-DA4F5B0F1AF2.jpeg

Prepped the dressing and sweet potato casserole this afternoon. Earlier, I was having some really weird remote thermometer gyrations! I fear it may have gotten wetter than was good for it but, it seems to have settled in a bit better now. This tells me I need to move the remote location for the sending unit or maybe stick it in a ziplock bag, D’uh!
Added an extra layer of rain protection with a patio umbrella overtopping the slat roof.

Thanks, Fletch! Same to you and yours.
Just checked the brisket, smoker humming along at about 220, in the midst of the stall with the brisket hanging at 157 for the last hour and a half or so.

Sides ready for the oven:
2FAD2A5A-704F-43B7-8E88-E3F0CF9D5706.jpeg

The creamed pearl onions will happen last, just before I slice brisket!

Last edited:
Best buzzard yet!
7621067B-BE4D-4845-AD66-0267465FA305.jpeg
Side dishes after completion:
AD395014-F586-45DE-9834-3C2BDECFDC69.jpeg
Next year, the Case “Stuffin’ Muffin” design for whatever reason I had wussy response this year. Next time, just doing them!
Dessert...in a bit.

And dessert!
AF9B8373-86ED-418B-86F2-C4A6331F7EC2.jpeg
Sorry, no hand built pumpkin pie but, my pastry needs more work than my doctor will allow so, this is as close to pie crust as I get anymore. Maybe one for Christmas? Kahlua pecan pie?
We shall see...

Looks great, is that a crack in the cutting board? might have to ask Santa for a new 1, hate to worry about getting something funky between the wooden slats.

Thanks for the concern Mike. It’s on the list. I need to get my butcher block down to my cabinetmakers shop, it’s developed a separation which I need him to re glue and then resurface, being without that for a couple of days will be a drag! But, that’s got to be done.

Wow! I'm impressed Tim, definitely outside the box. Really looks fantastic. All we do is the traditional turkey or ham for Christmas but we also do at least one new side every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Last edited:

Back