New toys!

CJohnstone

TVWBB Member
Alrighty all, just back from a 6 week trip and decided to get myself
Some new toys!

Picked up A weber BBQ mitt 70% off at £5 and also 10 bags 3kg weber long lasting premiums at £3 a bag.

Decided to splash out on a maverick 732 and wondering if anyone has any tips or links to any guides to
Get going. I use a weber one touch premium grill and thinking of trying a pork shoulder for my first temperature logged cook

Thanks all

Let's see...BBQ mitt was $7.81. 10 bags of 6.6 pound Weber briquets for $4.69 each. And you splurged on a Maverick 732. :)

Here's a nice article from Weber.com that will help you with pork shoulder on a Weber kettle.

SMOKING ON A KETTLE

Ah yes, i forgot Brits are a bit of a minority haha.

The bags might not seem that great a deal in the U.S. But to pick up cheap charcoal/briquettes at £1($1.57) per kg is rare herein the UK, never mind premium webers.

Thanks for that article. Once the maverick arrives, I shall be getting that shoulder on!

Yeah i use the snake method for doing ribs currently. That's what I'll be using for shoulders/briskest. I didn't want to throw on a big slab of meat without monitoring the temp accurately.

I was more looking for tips operating and using the maverick itself. Like where to route it etc. I think I will drill a hole and fit a metal grommet this weekend for it arriving next week.

Yeah i use the snake method for doing ribs currently. That's what I'll be using for shoulders/briskest. I didn't want to throw on a big slab of meat without monitoring the temp accurately.

I was more looking for tips operating and using the maverick itself. Like where to route it etc. I think I will drill a hole and fit a metal grommet this weekend for it arriving next week.

Mavericks are pretty ez to use. I just monitor temps & don't set alarms.

Cutting a slot in the rim instead of fitting grommets makes using the probes a lot more convenient: http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/cutting-a-probe-thermometer-slot.html

Back