New toy. Care to guess whats on the menu for tonight......

Mike Isaacson

TVWBB Fan

Thanks to some awsome Rotisserie cooks by S.Six my wife bought me one.
Before its first spin tonight I have some questions that I am sure the pros. on here have the answers for.

1) One coal basket or two?
2) lid on or off?
3) I dont have time to brine, should I inject? what with? I do love the rotisserie chicken from Grizzley's wood fired chicken.

Thanks everyone,
Mike

Congrats Mike... You have a great wife...prime rib on the rotisserie would be way cool to do.

Congrats Mike, love mine. Two baskets is what I use usually with a aluminum drip tray between them. BUT, one trick I learned for myself is sometimes I want to speed up the cook a little or do a little more browning of the skin, say on a chicken, I pull the alum tray and slide the two baskets together directly under the meat for a little higher heat searing type action.
Lid on.
Enjoy

I use two baskets. Fill with unlit, then dump into a chimney starter and fire them up. That way you know you have the right amount. It will get mighty hot in there.

I also use the drip pan in the middle.

Lid on.

I brine when I cook chicken parts but don't usually brine for whole birds, just because of the awkwardness/size. Birds come out juicy as can be on the rotisserie. You could dry brine in the fridge if you think about it ahead of time. That also helps get a crispy skin.

You are going to love it. I've used it to cook duck, goose, leg of lamb, rib roast, etc. But it is simply made to roast chickens. Fantastic results every time.

Ok thanks for the input guys.... I have a bird on now. Injected with ceriol (sp?) butter and seasond with webber beer can chicken... I am talking pics so you will be able to see the result.

I bank coals on one side only. I like the direct, indirect method heat from one side provides. I have found heat can be pretty extreme with two baskets depending on what you are doing.

Back