New tool (toy) for grilling

Jeff Bittel

TVWBB Fan
Ever have one of those smok'n days when the coals just don't seem to cooperate? I bought this initially to blow the ash's off of my Dutch Ovens, but have also used it to fast start my coals.

Yesterday I used the blower while cooking my BRITU ribs. After dumping the 2nd chimney of coals on top of the already lit ones, my patience began to wan after about 5 minutes. I broke the Grill Blower out and charged some air at the base of the coals. 3 minutes later I was ready to put the rbs on.

http://www.air-grill.com/index.html

Or it can be purchased from Amazon.com here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001WOLOS/thevirtualweberb

Enjoy!

I saw this a while back and it peaked my interest. I finally bought one for Christmas this year. It works great for stoking fires.

Don't buy imitations.

Get the inflator vs the blower for a few dollars more. I emailed the company asking the difference. They said they both have limited lifetime warranty but alluded that the inflator is better built.

I just saw that thing the other day and thought it was mighty cool. I can't imagine, for 10 bucks its very durable.

When cooking camping, I've found my rechargeable coleman air pump works great. it has a long flexible tube that I could aim at the coals and get them red hot in seconds.

Try a leaf blower; it provides double duty
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul K:
Try a leaf blower; it provides double duty
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gas or electric?!?
icon_cool.gif

I was given one of those things a few years back and did not think I would use it much. It has come in handy when I have not lit enough coals for a MM start or when I get impatient.

Gary

My vote is for pure oxygen!! NOT!!

Seriously I have seen a video where someone lit one piece of charcoal and then hit it with pure oxygen. The resulting fire list the remaining pile.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark Etheridge:
My vote is for pure oxygen!! NOT!!

Seriously I have seen a video where someone lit one piece of charcoal and then hit it with pure oxygen. The resulting fire list the remaining pile. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
One of the first things I learned as a welder, was to not blow off dirt on our clothes with oxy.
The oxy will linger in the fibers, and either a match on a cig or a spark will set you off like a xmas tree.
Tim

Back