New (to me) WSM

Allen, how do you like your WSM now that you have had some time to get used to it?

Allen, how do you like your WSM now that you have had some time to get used to it?
I've cooked on it 5 times now and just wish I'd gotten one years ago - one day I'll probably say that about the summit/kamado - if I can ever find one cheap lol. I've done pork butts, 15lb turkey and ribs a few times. Using the instructions on this site - every cook has been a success. Still use the kettle for steaks, chicken, etc - but don't see trying to smoke in it too often - unless I'm short on real estate.

I've cooked on it 5 times now and just wish I'd gotten one years ago - one day I'll probably say that about the summit/kamado - if I can ever find one cheap lol. I've done pork butts, 15lb turkey and ribs a few times. Using the instructions on this site - every cook has been a success. Still use the kettle for steaks, chicken, etc - but don't see trying to smoke in it too often - unless I'm short on real estate.

I struggled with a cheaper smoker for years just using it to smoke turkeys, was too hard to smoke anything else. It barely smoked a turkey. I wished I had gotten the WSM and good thermometers 20 years earlier.... I would have ate a lot better. Night and day difference.

Last edited:

Back