New to me WSM 22

DanHoo

TVWBB Olympian
I picked up a used WSM 22 up a few mins ago. It was dark so I just unloaded it to the garage for tonight. I'll move it to the backyard tomorrow.

Overall its in great shape.

Grates are shiny. The coal grate has a touch of rust but its the coal grate.

Only a small chip in the enamel that I saw.

Thermometer reads 110 F in my garage that's about 55 F so that needs attending to.

Lid is AU date code.

1642645087674.png

1642645104055.png

20220119_181720.jpg
20220119_193004.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Price?

I never read the lid thermometer any so thats a no big deal. Just throw on a Cajun bandit door and call it a day. 🤙

Nice! Price?

I never read the lid thermometer any so thats a no big deal. Just throw on a Cajun bandit door and call it a day. 🤙
$ 175

I've seen a couple for 150 but the grates were gone or looked beat, yet they sold anyway.

This was 10 mins away which was also a plus.

I plan to sell my pellet so it will net to a no cost addition to my collection.

It is an experiment. We'll see if it's a keeper.

Great deal Dan, glad you picked it up. Mine had a bad thermometer too, it was cheap to replace. I really never use it though, I run the Mavericks and/or my Signals when I'm using it, but it bugged me that it didn't work, so I picked up a new one. Best thing I put on mine was a hinge, but lots of mods to choose from. Good luck!
Charlie

I ordered a Tel Tru thermometer. It should be here Friday. the Tel Tru on my BGE is over 10 years old and still accurate, so the extra cost is worth it to me.

Wheels will be my first mod, and I need to bend the door so it doesn't leak.

Ribs will be my first cook, maybe this weekend.

Back