New (to me) Genesis Silver B

Ive got grilled treats on lock with my egg, i just subscribe to the idea that if one grill is good, two is twice as good!

Ive got grilled treats on lock with my egg, i just subscribe to the idea that if one grill is good, two is twice as good!

Wow! I must be in grilling heaven and not know it as I've got eight Webers. So eight must be eight times as good, holy cow.:p

I have a second big green egg in boxes still, need to make the cart for the two of them. Going to pour concrete counter for it. I figured I might as well add a gasser to my arsenal.

Be patient, wait for the right parts to come to you! Grasshopper, the Weber life is about relaxation and gluttony not instant gratification and less than stellar grilled treats! Your patience will be rewarded.

Truer words are rarely said. Patience, not only in the acquisition of the parts you seek, but also in the restoration itself, is paramount. You're a charcoal guy, patience should be a built-in :)

Slainte!

Tim

Found this for sale locally, its a genesis s-320. Can get it under $100. Would its parts work?
https://flic.kr/p/Rg2HN5

I went out and cleaned the life out of the burner tubes. Wire brushed them, picked at every single hole to make sure nothing was there, used a torch to burn anything off the bug screens, ran a brush for a brass instrument (baritone horn) through the inside and tried again. On high the burners really rock! On low,not too low but usable. I will continue my restoration quest now.

Last edited:
Miles, I forget which way you're trying to go with this because something is not making sense. Is this a NG grill you're trying to run on LP or vice' verse'? If it is a NG unit and all you have done is added a LP regulator and different orifices than your low and medium settings should be too high and not differ much. If it is the opposite (an LP you're trying to run on NG) than the opposite will happen. Low will barely keep the burners lit and medium will be more like "normal" low.
The grill you found in the photo. Is that the actual grill? If so you may just want to rehab that one. Of course depends on it's condition overall

This is an NG trying to go LP with it. Burners acting like you describe. Its the black one from my pics.

Green grill in the photo is a different LP grill that is somewhat local to me. Contemplating grabbing it. Its an s-320

Miles, a friend of mine is looking to go from LP to NG on a grill just like the black one. Would you be interested in a straight up swap of your NG manifold for his LP manifold?

If so, let me know and I'll private message you with details.

Miles, I think you missed the point with the "patience should be built in" statement, it's referring to charcoal grilling folks having more innate (maybe insane) patience for things to come together. Not so much anything to do with making a built in grill.
Sounds like THyde has a good handle on parts for you!
All good things come to he who waits.
It will work out, never fear.

Not quite, patience is a virtue, a built in is happiness!
For me, not so much, I'd just prefer a better arena where things can be arranged to best convenience, one never knows when a change of scenery may be required.

So i took the bottom grease pan assembly off the firebox today. It looks like the part that holds the catch pan is spring loaded with the catch inside the hole in the middle. Mine is very rusty. Are replacements available? If not ill wire wheel it and drop it in some evaporust before prime and paint.

Miles,
Amazon is a fine source, the larger Exoskeleton drip pan is available, the little "carriage" with the spring clips is available there as well.
For me, looking for the parts is more fun than having someone else do the legwork, the folks here are quite generous and have pointed me in the direction more than once but, you can Google "Weber silver B parts" or some of the sponsors and find everything under the sun. When you do some of the research, you will see by what is available the things you will find which need immediate attention and what can wait.
Patience Grasshopper!!!

I just dont know what the technical names are! I have a couple stihl chainsaws in line for rebuild and now my car needs a radiator.

A craigslist posting got me a tank hanger assembly and two lp manifolds with valves. They are a different style valve that is 180 degree turn on the valves. The manifolds are round instead of square and arent spaced properly like mine. If anyone needs the parts i described drop me a PM.

Back