New The Huntsman Kettle Kamado Grill from Spider coming.

Bruno, thats a good question. I quickly watched all the videos again, and reviewed the online material. They 'Look' like CI, and the listed weight is up there (150) for the unit, but who knows. You'd think they'd advertise as such.
I looked and couldn’t find any info.
I’m hoping stainless but can pretty much guarantee if they were stainless it would be advertised.
My guess is carbon steel.
Of course if I bought one my plan was to use the stainless killa grilla grate I have.
I’m trying hard to resist.
It’s not a need with the SmokeFire and the performer.

With my performer I don't need one either. And now I've added another Q to the stable-never thought I'd have a collection. But they cook nice with CI grates, and I hope to find out as soon as I overhaul the 3200. Never got around to ordering a killa grilla and wish I had, but I have the Weber GBS grates which are great along with all their accessories.

With my performer I don't need one either. And now I've added another Q to the stable-never thought I'd have a collection. But they cook nice with CI grates, and I hope to find out as soon as I overhaul the 3200. Never got around to ordering a killa grilla and wish I had, but I have the Weber GBS grates which are great along with all their accessories.
Can’t live without my Q-320, it’s on its last legs, I bought a new 3200 to bust out when we move back home after some repairs. The grates are perfect for veggies of all shapes and sizes.

I an guessing carbon steel on the grates. For me, I have several stainless kettle grates including a GBS compatible one with several of the accessories. All those could readily be used on this Huntsman, one of its attractions. I do like the “spider web” grate that it comes with. Like cast iron, I am sure it requires care, but I would think it is a good grilling medium.

Bruno,
Very cool, even if I root for the Dolphins 🐬. Actually, I know NOTHING about football! :LOL:

How do you like grilling with that grate? When I first looked, I thought it was a carbon steel one from the Burn Shop. Can you tell us where you got that one?
Never cooked on it.
I ordered it from a guy in Texas, he does a lot of carbon, I think he had a heck of a hard time with the stainless. I’d have to look it up, it’s been a while.
It is attached to the fence above my BBQ area.
IMG_6813.jpegIMG_6812.jpeg

Another video drop. This one shows the bottom vents and sweeps. I asked this question "Why are there vent holes cut into the sweeps, can bottom air flow be cut off to snuff the coals?"

I asked them to make a video on this and they said they would. I watched it and loved seeing inside of it, but would love more looks obviously of everything. I'm sure some of the grill influencers will make more in depth videos.

This morning I checked facebook and they messaged me on there saying they made the video and to check it out. Love this company.

Interesting. I wonder what else they have in the pipe-line.
Was wondering the same thing?
I can definitely see a pellet grill as they have the pellet add on for kettles.

Possible I’ll be ordering one soon. I like the set up. I need more info on the battery and how long it can run the venom.
I know it comes with a plug but the battery is clean.

Last edited:

Possible I’ll be ordering one soon. I like the set up. I need more info on the battery and how long it can run the venom.

Weren't you in the process of thinning the heard last summer?

Voting items off the island and things like that?

Weren't you in the process of thinning the heard last summer?

Voting items off the island and things like that?
Sounds like something I would say.
I gave away my WSM 22, a master touch kettle and a one touch gold.
I lost a Q-2200, long story.
Leaving me with a SmokeFire, performer and Q-320 as the grills I use. I don’t find myself using the GB 26” it’s a PITA compared to the performer.
I’m having a ton of work done at the house and when we get back home I want to rework my BBQ area. I’ve got plenty of time to make that decision.
The Huntsman looks like a lot of grill for $749.🤔

Sounds like something I would say.
I gave away my WSM 22, a master touch kettle and a one touch gold.
I lost a Q-2200, long story.
Leaving me with a SmokeFire, performer and Q-320 as the grills I use. I don’t find myself using the GB 26” it’s a PITA compared to the performer.
I’m having a ton of work done at the house and when we get back home I want to rework my BBQ area. I’ve got plenty of time to make that decision.
The Huntsman looks like a lot of grill for $749.🤔

I hear what you are sayin'..........
With a line up like that I am sure there could be room for an odd ball non Weber product in there.
I don't have the room, or need one but I like the idea of owning one.....still trying to process buying a slate with my limited amount of real estate.

With a line up like that I am sure there could be room for an odd ball non Weber product in there.
I don't have the room, or need one but I like the idea of owning one.....still trying to process buying a slate with my limited amount of real estate.
Jump on this:

It says 24 hours, but I do not see why you just can rig up any old power bank. I do this on my Masterbuilt. Here is one post about showing it done.

Jump on this:

This was my first instinct, the old man has one and likes it a bunch.
This price however is better than most I have been able to find.
Thanks for the link.
Oh and I am fairly brand loyal I guess you could say....I did have a Traeger, and a Broil King but now I only own the Weber brand.
Should I pay 2 times as much for a Slate????? Have to draw a line somewhere I guess and the Blackstone is sort of the standard I would say on how griddles are measured.

Love the slate.
The rust free seems amazing

Love the slate.
The rust free seems amazing

I don't believe it will actually be rust free.......it's cast of some sort....it will in time rust no matter what you do I think.
The new process to make it and the pre seasoning probably does go a really long way.....it is half the reason I am drawn to it.
I think 1 member I was chatting with has one but not much talk about them yet around here.

Last edited:

Back