New The Huntsman Kettle Kamado Grill from Spider coming.

I admit I am at least mulling over how many project, and even a couple "keeper," grills I would need to sell to fund to my wife's satisfaction and make adequate storage room to my satisfaction to be able to buy a Huntsman. :smilekettle:

I probably can't do that fast enough to get in on the pre-order pricing.

This things looks like a pretty good deal at $749 free shipping.
I was VERY tempted last night. I just think its redundant with a pellet smoker.

Bruno, I would never get rid of my Recteq pellet grill, but I see this a way to coax me back to more real charcoal grilling. I love kettles, and I have an old WSM slated for its maiden voyage (for me) this summer, but the "set it and forget it" seems to trump old fashioned bbq - except for some very rare, lazy Saturdays. So, for me, one of these would be complementary but also involve thinning my too large herd of regular kettles to make way for something I would use more often. It also appeals to me because of its new features and creative design:cool:.

I admit I am at least mulling over how many project, and even a couple "keeper," grills I would need to sell to fund to my wife's satisfaction and make adequate storage room to my satisfaction to be able to buy a Huntsman. :smilekettle:

I probably can't do that fast enough to get in on the pre-order pricing.
Any feel for how long this special pricing will go for?

I was a click away from ordering.
So tempting!!!
I think there may be quite a few of us feeling the same way. I have only purchased one new grill my entire life, our Masterbuilt Gravity 800 and it was only $500 on sale. I am hoping it lasts long enough for me to find a good price on a used Huntsman in the future some time down the road;-)
If I used it a ton more maybe I could justify it on future charcoal savings... I guess I just need more people to feed.

Maybe have a sit down and chat with MR. Hiram Walker and his good ole buddy Johnnie Walker tonight and hash it out.
You will see in the end that they sometimes make great decisions.........

Also good to note.......I have been told before not to DRINK AND PRIME.........😳😳😳😳

1712855539620.png

I inquired via email about the pricing and got a response back within a few minutes.

"Launch pricing is locked in until the units start shipping or pre-orders run out, which ever comes firsts we expect them to ship July 4th."

I'm thinking this would be the ticket for a two arrow quiver for me -- to go along with the daily driver gasser.

Charcoal fired, set/forget controls for long slow cooks, works as a smoker, works as a grill. The only other cooker I've seen that checks those boxes is the Masterbuilt Gravity feeds. But this seems more versatile and better built. Cheaper and more convenient featured than a Weber Kamado.

If I didn't already have so much invested in my WSM...

Another video drop. This one shows the bottom vents and sweeps. I asked this question "Why are there vent holes cut into the sweeps, can bottom air flow be cut off to snuff the coals?"

He already answered your question!
The answer does not fully make sense to me. "Your huntsman won’t have those. And yes. Just fully open the draft door." I would have thought closed. But good to know that the production model will not have those vents in the sweeps.

The spider grills guy is great on all the youtube videos. He makes me want to buy one!
That is funny because I remember when either the Venom or the Spider 22 pellet adapter came out he was such a newb at grilling that he freely admitted. I now wonder what is position at the company is?

The answer does not fully make sense to me. "Your huntsman won’t have those. And yes. Just fully open the draft door." I would have thought closed. But good to know that the production model will not have those vents in the sweeps.
I think he meant, the slats will not be in there and when the sweep "draft" arm is fully open or to the left, the sweeps cover the vent holes completely and it will snuff out and save the remaining coals.

Bruno, thats a good question. I quickly watched all the videos again, and reviewed the online material. They 'Look' like CI, and the listed weight is up there (150) for the unit, but who knows. You'd think they'd advertise as such.

Back