NEW Summit Kamado E6 crazy sale price in Eugene OR

DanHoo

TVWBB Olympian
Saw this on the summit charcoal FB group. Someone posted that they saw these at Jerry’s Home Improvement in Eugene, OR

347252540_1281943339383925_8551745783881538062_n.jpg

I wonder if $675 is Weber's cost, if so, they would make out to around 50% margin at retail.

That's Like Crazy Eddie type pricing! (someone here should get this reference)
Boy, does that bring back memories!

I was just about to turn 16, and my Dad was manager of a finance company (Seaboard). He had repo'ed a new '64 Chevy Malibu, first year for that model, yellow with a black vinyl top and black interior, and it had one of those new Muntz 4-track tape players. He drove it for a couple of weeks. Oh how I wanted that car!

Madman Muntz. I remember the commercials. Quite a guy.

OK, just got off the phone with Jerry’s! I’m a 2.5 hour drive from Eugene. I have a friend who lives near there with a truck so I had a plan to purchase and get it delivered! The discount was legit.

A very nice employee initially told me to me they had one in stock and I could purchase over the phone. She went to confirm and get eyeballs on it and…nothing! It was gone. I asked about their other location and she checked it out and they also showed nothing in stock.

Oh well…missed out on a good deal but it’s still not enough to make me wish I had a Facebook account again!😬

Boy, does that bring back memories!

I was just about to turn 16, and my Dad was manager of a finance company (Seaboard). He had repo'ed a new '64 Chevy Malibu, first year for that model, yellow with a black vinyl top and black interior, and it had one of those new Muntz 4-track tape players. He drove it for a couple of weeks. Oh how I wanted that car!

Madman Muntz. I remember the commercials. Quite a guy.

I already have a Summit charcoal, and really have no reason for another, although I HAVE thought about it….

That would 100% push me over the edge.

I already have a Summit charcoal, and really have no reason for another, although I HAVE thought about it….

That would 100% push me over the edge.
Yeah. You have to buy it at that price! Would not want to tick off my Performer though! That would be some serious patio drama!🤣

"The chain rose to prominence throughout the Tri-State area (New York-New Jersey-Connecticut) as much for its prices as for its memorable radio and television commercials, featuring a frenetic, "crazy" character played by radio DJ Jerry Carroll (who copied most of his shtick from early TV commercial pioneer, used car and electronics salesman Earl "Madman" Muntz). At its peak, Crazy Eddie had 43 stores in four states and reported more than $300 million in sales.[1]"

Bottom line is that you could by that for $700 and resell it for $900 or more. Basically a No-Brainer.

I remember buying an IBM computer at Crazy Eddies sometime in the 1990s. This was back when computers came with lots of separate components. Crazy Eddie made "packages". They were shrewd and sneaky - odd RAM specs, inferior monitors, etc. However, if you knew exactly what you were doing, they had the best stuff and the best prices.

Last edited:

Back