New Searwood pic.

I totally enjoy his stuff and feel his “Oh man!” folksy way just shows that he is a down to earth, genuine decent guy. I would love to meet him and maybe someday do a few YouTube videos myself😎!
Yeah considering how personable he was when folks approached him I was sorry I didn't at least say "hi" myself. But, then too I was on a mission finding supplies and such. At the time I needed Shell Rotella T-6 5W-40 diesel engine oil or Mobil Delvac 1 5-40 synthetic diesel and it was REALLY scarce. I didn't want to deprive my Kubota

Friend had one. Not too hard to fix, but parts are very difficult for the burners and wires. Yes there is a fuse on the back left wall inside, left of the rear left burner. Controllers, wires, and burners. I have a source now. But it took decades to get.
Ps, yes the doors to the double oven flip up, the burners stay concealed until you pull out the stove. Then when you pull again, the stove comes out and the top retracts back, to reveal 4 burners. Lift up the part above the light, top of oven, reveals a mesh and the exhaust fan goes on.

Here you go in avocado, no less! Now if I could just get an avocado Weber kettle!

Or - in more adaptable white. One pic shows oven doors open:

Last edited:
Times have changed.
My parents had Frigidaire in the 60's.
My new Frigdaire double oven we installed yesterday, replaced a Frigidare/ Electrolux from 2003.
Edit: sorry for the hijack.

Attachments

• 20240121_142353.jpg
    20240121_142353.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 15
My new Frigdaire double oven we installed yesterday, replaced a Frigidare/ Electrolux from 2003.
Edit: sorry for the hijack.
We love it... congratulations on the install and please continue to share more of your journey with it!

I've just detoured to a Broil King, but I'll stay and watch. :)
Just thought I'd update, if anyone's interested. Had my Regal 500 for two weeks now. I can't get it above 260'C, 500'F old money.
Replaced the hot rod, temperature probe and two BK people look at it. Yesterday told to remove the wifi, just to make sure the app wasn't imposing itself, apparently app has an update coming! Asking for a refund or replacement.

Just thought I'd update, if anyone's interested. Had my Regal 500 for two weeks now. I can't get it above 260'C, 500'F old money.
Replaced the hot rod, temperature probe and two BK people look at it. Yesterday told to remove the wifi, just to make sure the app wasn't imposing itself, apparently app has an update coming! Asking for a refund or replacement.
Did you try a different batch of pellets?

What is wrong with 500? I saw the BK ones I thought it was all they are supposed to reach. IMO anything over 400 on a pellet cooker is really a bonus that is not all of that much use to the style of cooking anyway

What is wrong with 500? I saw the BK ones I thought it was all they are supposed to reach. IMO anything over 400 on a pellet cooker is really a bonus that is not all of that much use to the style of cooking anyway
Well BK say the grill can reach 600'F. Since I've had the 500, sometimes it plateaus at 60'C, sometimes it reaches 260'C, when the set point is 315'C.
Its unreliable. I grilled some steaks the first night I had (260) and they were a bit undercooked. I thought that was becaues the ambient temp was low. Next day it was milder, so I tried cooking a brisket, but it never got over 65'C. Ended up putting the brisket in my home electric oven.

Cane out quite nice actually. :)

Totally agree. If manufacturers sell a grill that says it will cook at 600 then struggling for 500 should be good enough.

Back