new poll question..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BMerrill:
What are you cooking on Curt? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SmokinTex 1400 electric modified with at PID controller.
In progress: Control via WEB browser + AJAX application.

Curt

Yeah where's Homebrew?
icon_mad.gif

I believe Chris will do the poll but he asked me via email if those were all the choices as you cant add any later..

Also, my thoughts were with regard to "smoker" only and not kettle grills.

I suggest putting only one choice there: stoker. That way, we don't even need to do the poll because it would get all the votes.
icon_biggrin.gif

Check this link out. Look at my post that lists the links for the low end control units with the nakedwhiz review. I did not add stoker as they do not have a low end unit. You need to add auber and for the diy/homewbrew enthusiasts. Stoker and guru are gonna go 1st and 2nd as they have been around the longest, are the most popular and offer the most features but also cost the most. Then you will have the iq110 and the Auber. Iq110 does more advertising at the comps, youtube and now with the recent alton brown q show. And last will be the diy guy who uses the pid algorithm like auber or a heater meter and others alike to build there own units.

If I were to list them I would list the following, please add if I am missing any.

Stoker
Guru
Auber
Pitmaster iq110
Do it yourself

There are more choices than I realized...

Should I separate the GURU versions?

I think I have them all.

1. Stoker
2. Guru - NanoQ
3. Guru - DigiQ
4. Guru - CyberQ
5. Pitmaster IQ110
6. Auber Instruments Controller
7. Linkmeter Heatermeter+Linksys
8. None
9. Other

Anyone other suggestions?

Thanks to everyone!
I'm leaning toward the Auber after some reading..

Back