New oven, more pies

Thanks Rich for the link, I placed an order this morning. The guy who posted the GMG in a SF said the tabs are a little long to fit perfect in the SF, it will take me 5 minutes to measure and get it set.

Looking forward to this and the $82 was just too good to pass up!

Last edited:
Thanks Rich for the link, I placed an order this morning. The guy who posted the GMG in a SF said the tabs are a little long to fit perfect in the SF, it will take me 5 minutes to measure and get it set.

Looking forward to this and the $82 was just too good to pass up!
I think you'll really enjoy it! Right now, my pit set temp is 400°F, which is giving me ~700-750°F stone temps. With my dough, it's about a 4/4:30 minute cook.

First the pies look great Rich, the honey thing sounds interesting.
Second, I have a kettle pizza kit but no Weber charcoal kettle. I do have a Weber propane powered 22" kettle with a Weber conversion kit that I cook whole chickens with. That sucker on high pegs the temperature gauge. Might give it a try, right now my kettle pizza is a garage wall ornament.
Seeing that we will be going into our summer charcoal ban earlier this year at least I would have a way to cook up some pies.

First the pies look great Rich, the honey thing sounds interesting.
Second, I have a kettle pizza kit but no Weber charcoal kettle. I do have a Weber propane powered 22" kettle with a Weber conversion kit that I cook whole chickens with. That sucker on high pegs the temperature gauge. Might give it a try, right now my kettle pizza is a garage wall ornament.
Seeing that we will be going into our summer charcoal ban earlier this year at least I would have a way to cook up some pies.
The sausage/honey/jalapeno combination is a favorite at the Neapolitan pizza place in town.........hard to justify the prices they want these days, plus they don't take reservations. So, we make our own! :)

Worth a try, Rich. Maybe toss the KP on your gas kettle, crank the heat, and see what kind of stone temps you get. If you're pegging the lid thermo, I'm guessing you can get pizza temps, no problem. Not sure how your gas burner(s) is/are configured, but it's always a good idea to shield the stone from too much direct heat....

The sausage/honey/jalapeno combination is a favorite at the Neapolitan pizza place in town.........hard to justify the prices they want these days, plus they don't take reservations. So, we make our own! :)

Worth a try, Rich. Maybe toss the KP on your gas kettle, crank the heat, and see what kind of stone temps you get. If you're pegging the lid thermo, I'm guessing you can get pizza temps, no problem. Not sure how your gas burner(s) is/are configured, but it's always a good idea to shield the stone from too much direct heat....
Here's a couple of pics of the gas conversion kit on the Weber kettle. I think it might work really well101_7305.JPG

101_7308.JPG

Rich, just wanted to say thanks again, the GMG oven showed up in excellent condition, had to bend a tab back a little, but the only concern I had was the stone and it was perfect. What a steal for $82 shipped and tax free.
So excited! 8D63FCF7-5B12-45B1-89CC-A917F372367D.jpeg

Last edited:
I really had been wanting a kettle pizza but after hearing about Rich’s experience and seeing one in a SmokeFire I’m pretty happy. I’ll give. It a Test run next weekend.

Back