New Kingsford briquet product in January

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris Finney:
Rancher Rules! You can still find it... it's just not easy. Carried at Lowes Foods, IGA, Galaxy Foods near me. And they have a wharehouse in Gastonia, NC where you can buy by the pallet load. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Chris,

With reference to the Warehouse in Gastonia, I heard from Eric at Original Charcoal that "The warehouse management co. where we lease space has closed the warehouse to 'retail' activity. We are disppointed in this, and apologize for any inconvenience." I assume this means they won't sell it to anyone but wholesale outfits. Dang shame. I was planning to take the truck down to Gastonia over Christmas holiday and buy a pallet! I want lumps of coal for Christmas... Thanks for the leads to Lowes Foods, IGA and Galaxy though!

I do a lot of traveling with my job and have seen in certain cities out of the state of California (which ones I can't remember) "Kingsford Natural Lumpwood Charcoal" or something to that effect in a natural paper bag in the 18.5 to 20 lb. size. It's hard enough traveling by air so the last thing I want to do is lug around a 20 lb. of Briquets from airport to airport, so I haven't had a chance to buy and try it. It certainly isn't anywhere around here in the Bay Area.

Praying for rain!

Don

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Don Cresswell:
I do a lot of traveling with my job and have seen in certain cities out of the state of California (which ones I can't remember) "Kingsford Natural Lumpwood Charcoal" or something to that effect in a natural paper bag in the 18.5 to 20 lb. size. It's hard enough traveling by air so the last thing I want to do is lug around a 20 lb. of Briquets from airport to airport, so I haven't had a chance to buy and try it. It certainly isn't anywhere around here in the Bay Area. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Just to be clear, the product you're referring to is not briquets, it's lump charcoal or charwood--just burned pieces of raw charcoal not processed into briquets.

The new product coming out in January or April or whatever is ground-up charwood mixed with a natural binder and formed into briquets.

Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom Burrus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris Finney:
Rancher Rules! You can still find it... it's just not easy. Carried at Lowes Foods, IGA, Galaxy Foods near me. And they have a wharehouse in Gastonia, NC where you can buy by the pallet load. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Chris,

With reference to the Warehouse in Gastonia, I heard from Eric at Original Charcoal that "The warehouse management co. where we lease space has closed the warehouse to 'retail' activity. We are disppointed in this, and apologize for any inconvenience." I assume this means they won't sell it to anyone but wholesale outfits. Dang shame. I was planning to take the truck down to Gastonia over Christmas holiday and buy a pallet! I want lumps of coal for Christmas... Thanks for the leads to Lowes Foods, IGA and Galaxy though! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man... he just told me about it in Oct.
icon_confused.gif

I actually have a restaurant near me that cooks with Original Charcoal products, might have to see if they can get me stuff.
The bags in the Lowes Foods are 10 lbs... I want big bags.

Check the restaurant supply stores in the area, lots of those type places carry charcoal.

THANX for the tip, Bryan!
icon_wink.gif

I visit Canada weekly, attending the "Ballet" and other mischief. I'll give Maple Leaf Briqs a try.
I could pick up a bag for any other WNY pitmaster interested in trying this out. Give me a holla.

Back