New House Celebration: Lobster Tail & Ribeyes

Jak Stepan

TVWBB Pro
our celebration meal when we moved into our new home last june. no big story, you know me by now - - usda prime steaks, a little salt and pepper, and pecan wood.... all on my original ots kettle. just couldn't bring myself to put those gorgeous slabs of ribeyes and sea critters on the new gasser.

in the beginning my collection was small, before I went off the chain

you know those jack daniels whiskey half-barrels that are used fro planters? we got a few and I drilled 6 2" holes in the bottom of each for drainage... the shavings smelled like whiskey so I swept them up in a bag and use them to smoke steaks.

I was taking pics all along, for my reference only. had no idea id be a member of this forum - hell I didn't even know it existed back then. so I didn't get pics of the food, plates, inside cuts, etc.

the brand was a birthday present from my wife. still figuring out how to use it on my steaks since I never lift the lid on my pits!

don't lift the lid...

Nice post Jak!!!

I was like you back before I joined this forum. I would take pics and just keep for me and send to my friends for a little friendly competition.

sea critters: low and slow w the steaks, 20-25 mins indirect. pulled them off w the steaks and added a pat of butter before resting them under foil (separate from the steaks).

that was it - was my first time too, im not afraid to play around w my bbqs. turned out real good.... like I said beginners luck.

Great cook Jak! I remember cooking lobster tails for my dad on my Weber. He had never done that and was amazed that it could be done. Your steaks and tails look fantastic! Your brand on the steaks make it even better.

Brilliant cook Jak, love the house the truck and pits....gasser is real trick lookin to.

That's probably my favorite meal right there. I love me some lobster and steak. Now you got me wanting some.

I like the brand too, that's original.

Great looking pictures and cook. I have never done lobster tail before, any pointers?

Lobster is easy and doesn't take long. I usually put them in foil (open) with a little garlic butter brushed on and lime juice squeezed over the top

Great to pull those old memorable cooks out of the closet(phone, computer)

Looks great and love your set up!! Nothing like a great cook to celebrate!!

Nice!

Back