New Genesis 330 Question

Sean Frommelt

After finally parting with my decades-surviving Genesis Silver, I finally replaced her with an E330 (copper). Got it put together last night, and have a couple questions.
1 - The manual recommends performing a gas leak test before use. I've never done this before (and maybe I'm a moron for skipping this!). Is this something everyone here does?
2 - I've gone back-and-forth on the cover/no-cover debate, but at this point I think I want to cover. I live in Iowa, so its humid summer, snowy winter, and my Genesis will be outside (no garage/shed room) with no overhead protection. I've had Weber covers in the past that seem to break down and crack after a season or two. Thankfully found the Classic Accessories covers thanks to the forum, but am deciding between the Veranda and the Hickory. Any experience with the difference between the two?

Last edited:
To do the gas leak test just mix soap and water in a spray bottle and spray at every juncture in the gas connection. Anywhere you see bubbles growing is a leak. Obviously some small bubbles are normal since it's soapy water.

I have the Ravenna by classic accessories. It is better than the big box stores' generic covers and loads heavier than the Weber cover.

Go with a canvas cover. My Wolf came with one. It breathes but keeps the bad stuff and snow/ice off.

Back