New easier on the wallet Stainless Steel grate option for the 22.

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
I just got an email/ad today from Aura for their new 22 in SS cooking grate.

5mm 304 stainless steel construction, maybe not super thick, but for $39.99 I think they are a great option. If I was not already set with SS grates in both my kettles I think I would be templated. I share often I am really happy with the SS grates I have from Aura that are part of their kettle zone cooking system.

Last edited:
That Aura one looks good if you are not needing access to add charcoal. A good example would be if using a charcoal ring and diffuser. So, I am interested, especially based on how much I like their charcoal grate for the 22”. It is an outstanding 304 stainless option in my opinion:

Aura outdoor products EZ Light Bottom Charcoal Grate for 22in Weber Kettle Grill https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F9YJ5P6/?tag=tvwb-20

The flip-up grate posted is a Weber OEM plated grate. The flip-ups are a big plus, but personally, I am done with plated steel grates. Seems like no matter how carefully you take care of them, they rust out in no time.

Don’t forget the USA made Hunsaker heavy duty grate. $59.99 shipped worth every penny.
Bruno,
That was totally one of the major ones I was thinking about as a companion. When I looked at the Hansaker today it gave a weight, but not how thick the rods where. Do you know or have a guess on the thickness of those bars?

I just got an email/ad today from Aura for their new 22 in SS cooking grate.

5mm 304 stainless steel construction, maybe not super thick, but for $39.99 I think they are a great option. If I was not already set with SS grates in both my kettles I think I would be templated. I share often I am really happy with the SS grates I have from Aura that are part of their kettle zone cooking system.
Nice find - It even has free shipping!

Bruno,
That was totally one of the major ones I was thinking about as a companion. When I looked at the Hansaker today it gave a weight, but not how thick the rods where. Do you know or have a guess on the thickness of those bars?

The Hunsaker actually has pretty beefy rods. I posted pictures of it, I'll try to find them.

Back