New 2013 Weber Jumbo Joe Black

Surprising that it shows up for Lowes, but not on Weber's own website.

Looks like they incorporated the daisy wheel styled vent on the bottom, so now it's basically a larger tuck-n-carry SJ silver.

Price is right, airflow should be superior, and it's still easy to transport. I'd say Weber nailed it this time - a temperature gauge would be nice, but that seems to be reserved for charcoal grills > $200.

It'll be interesting to see if the new cooking and charcoal grates fit the older Jumbos.

I'll have to go see one in person. Personally I prefer the design of the old ones. But beggers can't be choosers i guess. :rolleyes:

In the photo on the Lowes site the bowl looks awfully shallow. Is it just the image or is it really like that?

It looks like they are using the European model for this. It is more compact and has the bolt on handle. I'm still up in the air as to how I feel about the looks of it.

Went to the link and it states that the product is no longer available on the Lowes website...:(

$69 on Amazon and in stock. Can't believe I'm just learning of this. That's what I get for not looking at this section more often.

Does anyone have one of these in hand yet...?? Anyone taken one for a "test drive"...?? (I can't believe I'm asking about ANOTHER grill :rolleyes: LOL)

I'd love to know how anyone is enjoying theirs! I have 4 grills, can't really get another right now . . . but I sure am tempted. :)

Also in some places I see they are 18 inch grates, others 18.5 (I see more 18.5, so I am guessing that it is actual size). Wondering if anyone is also going to get the Craycort Cast iron grates for their Jumbo Joe.

Laura

Wondering if anyone is also going to get the Craycort Cast iron grates for their Jumbo Joe.
When I buy a Jumbo, it's going to the coast and the river and other spots with us. While CI grates are something to think about, I'd bet their weight would decrease that portability factor.

Just ordered mine from Home Depot - free shipping (in 3-5 days) - $62.99 w/tax. Wife will no doubt be THRILLED to learn I've added another grill to my arsenal!!!

Just assembled the Jumbo Joe. I bought 2 so I could use one and have another NIB (you know the addiction)

You can see quite the difference in height but most shocking and concerning is the substantial weight difference. The New JJ is 3.8LBs LIGHTER! So I can only assume that means thinner gauge metal in body, grates and or porcelain coating. Either way I like the grill (not many Weber products that you can’t like) or I do like its shorter height, bottom vent and ash catcher. I plan on tailgating with it this weekend for Sunday’s game and I will let you know how it cooks.
IMG_4057%201.JPG

Its probably 3.8 lbs lighter because there is so much less steel. The bowl is SO MUCH smaller and not nearly as deep.

The big question I have is what is the spacing difference between the cooking and charcoal grate of both grills?

Back