Never smoked anything in my life...

The ribs looked delicious, especially for a first cook! I learned early on that brief writing and barbecue do not mix by ruining a good brisket. I found barbecue time was more conducive to mind-wandering, brainstorming about a case.
So true. The brief wasn't one of my best efforts. But I did it as a favor at no charge. So how good did it have to be? ;)

The ribs looked delicious, especially for a first cook! I learned early on that brief writing and barbecue do not mix by ruining a good brisket. I found barbecue time was more conducive to mind-wandering, brainstorming about a case.
Brisket may be the next thing. I have no clue. Any hints would be most welcome.

Yep, gift giver needs special attention! Do the salmon first! Then clean the grates completely! Some people swear that fish will “contaminate” the smoker, I have never had an issue after cleaning well.
As for the brisket, as a long time member, who has become an international friend and co founder of the “Order of Hephaestus”, told me:
“Put on your big boy pants and just do it!”
Forewarning, you will likely not sleep well if you do an overnight smoke, you may be able to doze if you start it at the crack of pitch dark 3 AM, you will worry and fret over the thing until you realize what I told you before “It will be done when it’s finished!”
Side note, no two will ever cook the same! I have had two briskets of the same weight and trimming take sixteen hours and the second one was done in nine! I posted that drama last summer. PM me if you want my account of the hilarious surprise story at 6:00 AM

Sorry, despite my attempts to edit to correct times, some of the times still an hour off. My camera doesn't know we're on daylight savings time.

Thank you, kind sir.

Yep, gift giver needs special attention! Do the salmon first! Then clean the grates completely! Some people swear that fish will “contaminate” the smoker, I have never had an issue after cleaning well.
As for the brisket, as a long time member, who has become an international friend and co founder of the “Order of Hephaestus”, told me:
“Put on your big boy pants and just do it!”
Forewarning, you will likely not sleep well if you do an overnight smoke, you may be able to doze if you start it at the crack of pitch dark 3 AM, you will worry and fret over the thing until you realize what I told you before “It will be done when it’s finished!”
Side note, no two will ever cook the same! I have had two briskets of the same weight and trimming take sixteen hours and the second one was done in nine! I posted that drama last summer. PM me if you want my account of the hilarious surprise story at 6:00 AM
I kinda like the idea of doing the salmon next. Make wife happy and it only takes about 2 hours.

Back