Never smoked anything in my life...

1:55 PM
A crucial issue in this case and a primary issue for the jury to resolve is whether plaintiff’s near death resulted from natural causes or was caused by the improper administration of a potentially lethal drug. Plaintiffs intend to show that if the defendant had properly investigated the earlier suspicious incidents, conducted tests, taken tissue samples, arranged autopsies, done a proper inventory of its drug supplies, etc., then subsequent incidents could have been avoided. Instead, defendant actively concealed the facts surrounding these incidents. That fact that succ., a drug used exclusively to cause muscle paralysis in surgical procedures so that patients can be intubated and/or placed on respirators was detected in Fern Franco’s tissues establishes that somebody at the hospital was getting their hands on potentially lethal drugs and giving them to patients.

Last edited:
Allen,
I love to get out and cook on my WSM every change I get, but some cooks are more enjoyable than others to me. The best cooks are when the cook is the main thing occurring for that day or for those few hours. OK cooks are when I am using the smoker, but work, family, kids stuff is also occurring and I have to "mange" the cooks within the other stuff. The food still taste great, but not as much joy, but still worth it. I do more of the OK cooks and well that's OK, but man those cooks were I (who am known to run a million miles a minute) just slow down to the pace of a low and slow cook those are golden. Keep on cook both ways!!!
Michael
Yup, trying to do two entirely unrelated things at the same time isn't a good idea. Multitasking is an overrated skill.

Allen,
This is the lesson I have learned with smoking meat or doing jobs around the house or on the cars. How ever long I think it will take I add at least a few extra hours to tell my wife how long it will take so, that when the task takes longer then I expected it to like it always does I am still covered. For cooking, I am learning to start a least an hours before I think I should everytime! For my family and I (my wife does not like to eat late!) being done earlier is always easier for me to adjust to then being done later than I thought. I can't wait to see the pictures.
Michael
Pictures posted. You didn't have to wait too long.

Great, Allen! Now that you have your first WSM cook under your belt, the sky is the limit! .....and, you'll get more comfortable with temp control (or at least obsess over it less), and smoking some ribs while prepping arguments for the US Supreme Court at the same time will be child's play! :)

R
Ha, somehow I don't think so. ;)

The ribs looked delicious, especially for a first cook! I learned early on that brief writing and barbecue do not mix by ruining a good brisket. I found barbecue time was more conducive to mind-wandering, brainstorming about a case.

Back