Need The Experts Opinion On This One

Rich Dahl

R.I.P. 7/21/2024
This one is in my area. I really don't need it but well, I might use it to replace my NG E320.
Would appreciate your thoughts.

Last edited:
Very nice grill. But that side burner stuff may be impossible to find. So $200 seems just a bit steep

Very nice grill. But that side burner stuff may be impossible to find. So $200 seems just a bit steep
I agree Larry and I don't use the side burner on the E320 at all so that wasn't too much of an issue, also there is really nothing wrong with the E320, it's a great work horse. I also have my restored genesis 2000 with an added right side flip up. So the only real difference I can see is the SS and the cabinet.
The fact that It's has the NG conversion kit is what peaked my interest, that in itself has got to be rare.

I am actually a little skeptical of the "kit", but man that is one really nice Platinum! You would never find that in most any other part of the country. The cabinetry looks almost new.

Since rust is not an issue for you, I guess a Platinum is really just another Silver or Gold in a different color. Maybe, therefore, not as much interest for you. But, wow, that thing would be a gem of a pickup in my old haunt of South Florida!

Last edited:
Yah, that is the best (non rehabbed) SS Platinum I have seen. I do believe the burner for that is the same as a Silver B, so finding a replacement shouldn't be too hard. Otherwise, you could replace the side burner with another shelf for the ultimate in shelf space.
But, I don't really know that you would gain a whole lot trading the E320 for that.

That is a beautiful grill. My favorite of the line. If I found one like that here I would snap it up and maybe replace my Q320 for that. Of course I don't have to worry about that decision as I will never find one on the east coast any where near that condition.

Rich
on face book there is a couple with and without side burner one down in the valley is just this one with out the side burner and only 60.00

Thanks for all comments I'm going to watch it and see if he drops the price. I still have to restore my 1985 chocolate gen 2 and that's going to set me back a hundred bucks or more likely much more if I want to do it right. That will give me three working gassers which is more than I really need.
Also Barb told me the E320 is her favorite grill and she's very comfortable using it so I think it needs to stay.
Happy wife happy life.;)

Back