need some good smoked wing recipes

Chris Smith

TVWBB Fan
I picked up some whole chicken wings on sale and stashed them in the freezer until next weekend. I've never smoked wings before and I'm looking for recipe recommendations. Ideas?

thank you!

Chris,

Do them with the "roadside chicken" marinade. Personally, I would do them at 375 degrees.

Every time I do wings this way, I get rave reviews.

Ray

...for best results, yes.
icon_smile.gif

for a smokey flavour, add small wood chucks (or wood chips) to the coal.

I love a little sauce at the end. Mix equal parts of your favorite BBQ sauce with your favorite buffalo sauce, and get it hot in a pan. Right before you sauce, add about a half stick of unsalted butter and melt it into the sauce.

Put the wings into a huge bowl and drizzle just enough sauce to coat the wings as you toss them into the air (fun part)

Serve with the best blue cheese dressing you can find, but add another small container of crumbled blue cheese to it. Don't forget the carrots and celery.

I am wing crazy... Love every type. This sauce approach has been a big hit, and it was always there as I started to fall in love with wings. Sweet Baby Rays and Texas Petes Wing Sauce were the original combo.

I like to thicken my buffalo or terriyaki sauces quite a bit with corn starch, it seems to stick better this way.

Back