Need help to ID Weber model

Kelly Korb

Hi - thanks for the add. I purchased a used Weber 3 burner propane grill yesterday. This is my first Weber. I have no idea what model it is, so I’m struggling to find a users guide and/ or parts list. Anyone recognize this and can enlighten me? Thanks in asvance! image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Kelly, that looks like a Weber Spirit Classic E-310. There should be a sticker on it somewhere (not sure where on this model, maybe in the cabinet) that will confirm the model number. I'm pretty certain that's what it is. Not sure what year, though. Looks to be in decent shape! Nice find!

Rich

Last edited:
The grates are stainless steel and they are called GBS grates. That stands for Gourment BBQ System.

Looking again, they may be aftermarket grates to mimic the Weber GBS. In that case, they could be any thing. If you take a wire wheel to them, they will clean up nicely if SS.

I believe the removable door models were sold at home depot only. Don't think the grates are original either.

I am more inclined to think that they ARE original. I did a quick clean-up of one that had those except in cast iron. I swapped in a cheap set of stainless grates and kept the cast iron ones!

I am more inclined to think that they ARE original. I did a quick clean-up of one that had those except in cast iron. I swapped in a cheap set of stainless grates and kept the cast iron ones!

Yes, the home depot version had removable front door and cast iron gbs grates. Not sure where the seller got one with stainless gbs grates. Maybe added later?

BTW, anyone know why weber brought back this style of Spirit grills? I noticed a lot of retailers are selling a new version of this Spirit instead of the Spirit II model. They aren't cheap anymore either. A basic 3 burner e315 retails for $699 Cad over here.

Last edited:
BTW, anyone know why weber brought back this style of Spirit grills? I noticed a lot of retailers are selling a new version of this Spirit instead of the Spirit II model. They aren't cheap anymore either. A basic 3 burner e315 retails for $699 Cad over here.
I am sure it was because of the big gap between the Spirit II and the Genesis. I recently bought a Spirit E-330 to replace my 20 year old Genesis Silver B. The spirit is the same cooking area as my old grill and I did not need anything bigger. The new Spirits just did not seem any upgrade to my old Genesis while the cabinet style looked nicer if not functionally better. The sear station is a great addition and the side burner is occasionally handy. It was hundreds less than the comparable Genesis model. I am sure Weber was losing sales to comparable brands like Napoleon that offered that style.

Last edited:

Back