Need help on identifying year weber Summit was manufactured.

Horace P

TVWBB Member
Ok, kinda stumped here. Had a person ask if I can repair their Summit S-460. I looked up serial number and can find it at Weber. However I am curious on the year it was manufactured. The first two letters are AI. looking at information it says 2017 however owner swears 2016. More curious than anything. I am replacing the Burners, flavor bars and grates but the manifold is in bad shape, the control for the IR burner is not working and non of the igniters work, a couple are burned completely off. Any ideas from yall on year. Thanks.

Sheesh, on a 4-5 year old Summit, I bet much of that stuff is covered under warranty.

Warranty​

Summit® Gas Grill Series Warranty​

Weber Warranty Badge

All Parts10 Years (excluding normal wear and tear and subject to additional terms and conditions in the warranty)
* Valid for Weber® Summit® series gas grills purchased October 1, 2017 or later. This warranty does not cover Summit® series gas grills purchased prior to this date.

THis might be the warranty if it is before Oct 1, 2017?

Weber-Stephen Products Co (Weber) hereby warrants to the ORIGINAL PURCHASER of this Weber®
gas grill that it will be free of defects in material and workmanship from the date of purchase as follows:

Aluminum castings:
Stainless steel shroud:
Porcelain-enameled shroud:
Stainless steel burners tubes:
Stainless steel cooking grates:
Stainless steel Flavorizer® bars:
Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates:
Porcelain-enameled cooking grates:
Porcelain-enameled Flavorizer® bars:
Infrared rotisserie burner:
All remaining parts:
25-years (2 years on paint; excludes fading)
25-years
25-years
10-years
5-years no rust through or burn through
5-years no rust through or burn through
5-year no rust through or burn through
3-years no rust through or burn through
2-years no rust through or burn through
2-years
2-years

One thing you can do is see if they already registered the grill with Weber. If not, they could do so on line and put a date in after October 1, 2017 to be eligible for the warranty on the IR burner, flavo bars and grates. I would think the grates were solid rod stainless anyway and I cannot imagine them being trashed yet.

Weber's model year begin October 1 and ends September 30. So it's possible the owner is correct...bought an AI 2017 model year grill in October, November, or December 2016.

That is good info to know Chris. I didn't realize they were on the Fiscal year schedule that the Federal gov uses. Anyway, that explains a lot of the confusion regarding model years of grills.

Back